shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s all coming together... Thanks Pricescopers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zomby woof

Rough_Rock
Well, I started my search last month for the perfect rock and ring. Thanks to all the help and education I received from PS, the search is finally over. The diamond will be shipping today from James Allen, and I really hope it will be a winner! This time of year, my GF and I do a lot of traveling, so I am having the diamond shipped directly to one of PS''s resident experts... Neil Beaty. He is one of the only gemologists in Colorado that is authorized to receive diamonds directly from online vendors. It is even more convenient since his insurance will cover the stone while it is in the hands of the metal working master, Mark Morrell. MM will be setting the stone in his latest signature design, the Torchiere Petite (thanks Gwen!), with the hidden crown stones. My GF doesn''t wear much jewelry, so I figured a modest design with some very special twists would be the perfect setting. In order to get her ring size, first I compared her finger to my finger. The closest match was my pinky. I got my pinky measured and then proceeded to find the cheapest sterling silver ring in that size (20 bucks!) Brought it home, and proclaimed I found it in the parking lot... She was half insulted and half amused and we pronounced it, "the garbage ring." It fit almost perfectly, just a little loose. So I will be sending the garbage ring, aka "the decoy", to MM for reference. Anyway, I am really excited about everything and I have been borderline obsessed with this "project" for a while now. Now I am going to have to figure out how to propose!!!

Here are the diamond details for anyone who may be interested. The price actually went up by about $600 last week, and James Allen was unable to honor the old price. Even so, the new price is still excellent, and it would appear that there has been yet another increase on their site, as well as the other favorites.

Carat weight: 2.04
Cut: Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 61.1%
Table: 56.0%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Thin
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 8.18*8.21*5.01
Crown: 34.5
Pavilion 40.8
Pricescope price: $27,200

10613801.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, it is going to be AMAZING!!! Can''t wait to see the result! Do you have any idea when you''ll have the finished product? Oh my goodness, I am just so excited for you!!
9.gif
36.gif

...and after you ask her, you KNOW we need handshots, right? We have so few MWM handshots on this board! Oh, I cannot wait!
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its going to be gorgeous many congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zomby woof

Rough_Rock
MM told me it could be ready as soon as the end of June, possibly sooner. Once I get a firm date, I can start hatching my devious plan of proposal. Hopefully I can come up with a doozy!

Cguy1

Rough_Rock
Congrats! It looks like its going to be some major bling!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Clever way to get her ring size :) I gotta remember that next time that my single friends ask how to guess ring size....

Bia

Ideal_Rock
You''re a clever one Zomby...AND that is going to be one fantastic e-ring. She''s lucky to have you.

Congratulations!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results