shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s about time I found some wedding shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I went to about 5 shoe stores this past Saturday and couldn''t find anything. Ivory shoes jest seem hard to come by (well, ones I like, anyway).

I had a dilemma... my dress can''t be hemmed because of the lace scalloping on the bottom. So my original plan for kitten heels or flats got scrapped. FI and I are just about the same height. And I needed at least a 3 1/2 inch heel.
So then FI was a little worried he might look dwarfed in pictures if I was 3-4 inches taller than him.... so we ordered these for him: http://www.menstallshoes.com/product.php?productid=131&cat=20&page=1

And I just ordered these from zappos:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/36753810/c/422.html

Problem solved! Woo hoo! another check off the list!

lynnsweddingshoes.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
my dress... (is it me or does the model look like she''s having severe abdominal pain
3.gif
)

I will post an actual dress thread soon... my final fitting is next Thursday
36.gif

margaritax.jpg

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
You''re going to look awesome!!

Can''t wait to see how the dress looks with the shoes! Congratulations!!!
emteeth.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great shoes! They''ll go great with your dress.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! The shoes and the dress!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Great shoes and dress!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!! I am hoping they are as comfy as the reviews said. I guess I''ll find out when they get here.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE: They fit and are wonderfully comfortable!!
9.gif

FI has to return his shoes for 1/2 size smaller. I still end up being an inch or two taller than him.

He had a bit of a hard time learning to walk in them though, but he got the hang of it pretty quickly (his shoes have lifts in them - but you totally can''t tell). He''s like, "How do you women deal with this all the time?" Oh, the pains we go through to be fashionable.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Great shoes. I''m confused why the shop didn''t order your dress based on your height? I''m assuming you have already dealt with that and the shoes for your fiance are the solution it just seems like such a pain to go through. Glad it worked out though.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
EM1, I''m pretty sure Lynnie got a fabulous deal on her dress at a consignment shop, so she didn''t actually order it. That''s why the length is a little off. Lynnie, correct me if I''m wrong! Also, your shoes look great...less than a month to go now, right? I''m excited for you!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Oo, for a minute there I thought we were shoes twins
10.gif

choroshoesstockphoto.jpg

I love yours!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!! I''ve always loved those shoes!!!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank, guys!

Em1... as Octavia said, I got my dress at a consignment shop (it''s a sample). At the time, I was so excited and bought it (kind of hastily), not thinking at all that I''d have trouble hemming it. I just fell in love with the dress. Then, I took it to my seamstress and found out it couldn''t be hemmed without butchering the scalloped lace. With the 4'' heel, the hem falls about 1" above the floor. Grr. In the end, saving $1200 (minus FI''s new kicks) is totally worth it. We are both 5''7", and FI is stoked to be 5''10". It''s pretty funny. The tux package we got includes shoes, so if his get too uncomfortable, he can always switch them out for the reception.
Octavia.. One month to go... OMG. It seems like yesterday we were talking about outdoor wedding venues in the Philly area. You''ll be at the 1-month mark before we know it, too! I''m excited, too!!
9.gif

Choro... We ARE shoe twins... they''re just fraternal
16.gif
!! I''d have gotten those if I''d have seen them... my colors are pink & green! I love the pink details on your shoes!
Freke... These shoes have got to be one of the comfiest heels I own... I always seem to have the problem of the sides of my toes getting squished/blistered in some cases. The material is cloth, so it hugs your feet nicely without digging in. I think I''m gonna order them in black, too.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe, fraternal shoe twin! I like that! My shoes are more gold than the pink that the picture shows, so it may not have worked with your color scheme. I think they are still made from the material, even if they are different brands.
I agree with you on the comfort. Aren''t they great?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results