shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s a good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
I think this was very obliging on your part, Leonid
appl.gif

Seems there were alot of "off the beaten path" topics that baffled me as to why they were even posted
confused.gif

Won''t name any names, but they know who they were
2.gif

It also seems that lately it has become a place to vent for those that were banned from DT.
And, since most people have been posting here for sometime (the regulars), even though we don''t know most personally, their seems to be some kind of connection, and it''s nice to be able to stray from the diamond issue once in awhile.
appl.gif

So...... with that said, thanks for being a good sport, and keep up the good work. We won''t disappoint you, Leonid
wavey.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond forum's tend to become a community and as such it is good to have a place where we can just hang out and "chat" about other stuff... Thanks Leonid!

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
appl.gif

I agree, this is a good idea. Hurray, Leonid! No matter what prompted it's creation, it is nice to have an off topics area where if people choose they can socialize or chat, or even gripe, LOL, without cluttering up the regular threads.

Does Pricescope have a private forum for the trade members? Maybe that would be a nice idea too.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Good move ~ People come back to a site, not just to learn , but to see whats going on with everybody and their lives and just to hang out and talk.

You will find this section will draw the crowds that will bleed into the education part
1.gif

People that are afraid to post start out here with topics they can jump in on and then feel good about posting in the educational part.

shurikt

Rough_Rock

----------------
On 3/5/2003 1:29:11 AM Sierra Nevada wrote:

Does Pricescope have a private forum for the trade members? Maybe that would be a nice idea too.

----------------
Gonna have to voice my opinion on this idea: bad bad bad.

In my opinion, part of what makes Pricescope valuable is the interplay between "trade members" who disagree with each other's opinions and have those discussions in public. It's part of what is fueling this diamond information revolution. If these discussions go behind closed doors, we lowly consumers would never be able to learn about arcane (yet hot) topics like minor facets or the true definition of scintillation.

And on a marginally unrelated topic: The primary thing that defines a community is a system of shared values or experiences between communty members. Even though being banned from another forum might be one of those shared experiences, that experience is shared by only a small (albeit vocal) minority of Pricescope participants.

Leonid made a good decision in moving the Shakedown topic to an entirely new category. As a member of the Pricescope community, however, I'd like to take a stronger stand and respectfully request that we try to stay on the topic of diamonds. This means that I personally have no desire to read anything about civil liberties, politics, religion or how much some other diamond forum sucks.

Thanks.
12.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Sierra Nevada:
No, I don't have plans like this. Besides, there are forums for the trade members already on the trading B2B sites.
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Its called Polygon , thats the vendors little hide out, we are here at pricescope to talk to the consumers
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results