shape
carat
color
clarity

Itching for a Meow Meow! (lengthy)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG packrat - those stories are ADORABLE, especially the one about your one kitty who ruled the roost. I''ve definitely known some diva kitties, and I just think they are so much fun
30.gif
30.gif

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Wow Gypsy that''s so cute! Whoever made that image is very talented!

Isn''t is funny how when people don''t answer their thread for a while in Hangout everyone starts to talk amongst themselves until OP gets back? Haha.

That never happens in Rocky Talky
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is really cool, I did a total double take when I saw it. And yes, you can''t leave a thread unattended around here... like a runaway train. I think many of us are an odd combination of super focused... and completely ADD.
face20.gif

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for responding. I am at work now so I have to make it quick and short. I just wanted to let you guys know I am reading EVERYTHING that everyone is posting so please keep any thoughts coming!

Quick update - I managed to get DH to say "NO" to "We''ll see... keep doing your research". Some how I think he is just trying to buy time and hope that I will give up hehehehe...

By the way Feralpenchant - your avatar is what started this obsession!!!
1.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 5:04:47 PM
Author: allycat0303
Even if you *think* you hate cats, once you get one, they are so sweet and cute, you can''t help but love them. And then you start doing all sorts of things and before you know it, the cat runs the house.

I''m going to have to politely disagree.
3.gif
My FSIL (I live with her and my fiance, the SIL and I are in grad school) has two cats. I can say that while I can enjoy them occasionally, when the fiance and I move out of state in a few months I will NOT miss these cats. I will not miss the constant begging for attention, the crying for food, the puking on the carpet, hair balls, cat hair everywhere, scratches, and the pounding on the door in the mornings.

I think I''m just not a cat person, lol!

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
thanks JSM for offering another point of view to consider
1.gif
DH was arguing that everyone who posts are always going to be pro-cat. Now I can go home and tell him PSers are very fair!
3.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I was never a cat person until I got Steinbeck... That started my downward spiral! Now I am a total convert. Seriously, there is nothing better than curling up in bed with a purring cat!

He is a crazy, high-energy cat but I love him to death. About a year after we got him we decided he needed a pet of his own and we got Emily, a very sweet and simple (simple minded, that is!) kitty. It is so much easier to have two than it was to have one. Yes, there is twice as much hair and twice as much in the litter box but they play with each other, entertain each other, and tire each other out.

I''m someone that has allergies and there are a few things that make it better:

1. A Furminator! This is a wonderful wonderful cat comb that removes more hair from the cats than I knew they had.
2. Pledge Fabric Sweeper: This is a new find and I am in LURVE! Pledge Fabric Sweeper It works better than anything I''ve ever seen to remove pet hair from furniture. They tell you to buy it and throw it away when the container is full, but I''ve found that I can remove one of the rollers easily, empty it, and then reuse it.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Erica on the furminator - seriously, when you are done with it, its like there is a whole other cat there in fur!
23.gif
23.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thritto on the furminator.

That thing is INSANE!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 6:39:42 PM
Author: HollyS
I love cats, so I''m biased. From the age of 4, I have lived only one year of my life without a cat.

1) Allergies will not deter pet owners. That''s why there is Benadryl. It works.

2) Cats are perfect for your schedules. They don''t need walking. And they sleep sixteen hours a day on the average.

3) Of course maintenance men banging around in your apt will scare the crap out of your cat. They''ll just go hide somewhere ''til the coast is clear.

4) Always check with your landlord or other housing authority first. You do not want a huge fee/ a broken lease/ bad reference for your next place. You can wait if they say no.

5) Cats are not standoffish, too independent, not loving enough. That''s what dog owners, who don''t like cats, say.

6) Cats will be affectionate, will want to be near you, will greet you when you come home, will miss you when you''re away, they love to play, AND THEY PURR! Nothing beats a good purr for making the grumpiest of people smile.

7) Only cat boxes stink. If they aren''t clean. Cats never stink. Can''t say the same about other mammals.

8) Cats that grow up with children will play with the kids as if they themselves were children. We used to dress our kitty up in doll clothes and cart her around in a doll buggy.
9.gif
She loved it.
I''ve always had cats.

Basically since everyone has answered everything, I''m writing to 2nd everything Holly has said. Cats greet you at the door when you get home. My cats follow me ALL over the house meowing and flopping down on the floor in front of me forcing me to pet them! Both of my cats are very demanding!
1.gif

As far as the repairman . . .depends upon your cats. One of my cats would hiss at him and the other (the one b/w one in my avatar) would hide under the bed. (the hissing one hisses at EVERYONE. She constantly sits in my lap and if I need to get up to go to the bathroom she will growl and hiss at me. Then when I get back, she climbs back onto my lap and purrs again. I think she''s a bit unstable!
3.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Sorry. You live in a coop that says no pets.

It is absolutely irresponsible to take in a pet "hoping" that everyone will look the other way under some "wink and a nod" agreement.

If they press the issue, you will be forced to rehome the pet you promised to love and care for forever.

Please do the right thing and wait until you live in a place where you are openly allowed to have a pet.
1.gif

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
Yup I know... it was wishful thinking that I can sneak a kitty in *hoping* not to get caught. As of right now we are holding off on the idea until we move next year. But I guess "On Hold" is better than an absolute "No" from DH
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 2:00:12 PM
Author: sukiisukii
Yup I know... it was wishful thinking that I can sneak a kitty in *hoping* not to get caught. As of right now we are holding off on the idea until we move next year. But I guess 'On Hold' is better than an absolute 'No' from DH
2.gif
I deleted my previous response because I thought you meant you had planned to talk to your landlord, not that you had planned to sneak a pet into your apt. That is flat out unethical. Pet owners who rent are use to and oblige to the rule that if you bring in a pet, you pay a non-refundable deposit. You're going outside the boundries of what responsible pet owners do.

I've owned cats all my life and rented for years and always forked over and ADDITIONAL $200-400 on top of damage deposit, to help cover any damage my cats could have done. What would you do if your cat missed the litter box a few times and peed everywhere? Your landlord could sue you since you signed a contract agreeing to no pets.

Plus, believe me you CANNOT hide a cat. They LOVE to sit on windowsills.

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
I spoke with my doorman last week and he told me that several people in the building (coop board member included) own cats. I would need to get "clearance" per se from the super before it can happen though. Almost like passing customs when travelling internationally... I wasn''t really going to "smuggle" a kitty in
3.gif
hahaha sorry should have been clearer.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Hahaha. Glad to know I inspired you to get a kitty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results