shape
carat
color
clarity

It was easier picking a husband!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I can not for the life of me figure out what I want my wedding colors to be!!

Over the past 5 monhts, I''ve gone from Sage and Chocolate to Coral and something else.

I originally was getting married in a large 100 person wedding in June at a local Aquarium in Virginia. The plans have now changed to a smaller more intimate wedding in Jamaica with just under 20 total. I just felt that the brown and chocolate would be too dark for a tropical wedding.

After getting with my FI and MoH we''ve decided on Coral.

I just can''t seem to figure out what the secondary color should be. Everyone keeps saying go with Turqouise....but every tropical wedding I see it''s always blue and coral (because it''s gorgeous together).

I want something a little different though, I was thinking Coral and Gold, or Coral and Sage. I just can''t think of flowers and what not that go with that (I dislike roses, btw).

Help!
emteeth.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
How about coral and apple green? Maybe with a little ivory? I think a bright green is way more modern than turquoise.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 3:08:49 PM
Author: elrohwen
How about coral and apple green? Maybe with a little ivory? I think a bright green is way more modern than turquoise.
I agree, apple green sounds great - it would be a really refreshing color palette!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Hi taovandel! Hehe I feel your pain. We''re in the midst of trying to decide between a local wedding or flying off to somewhere. Now I''m no expert on sites to go look at pallettes, but I put these together really quick. Coral''s in the middle. I think the apple green does look great like elrohwen said! I also thought deep blue would be a nice change from turquoise. I loooove the purple with the coral!! And the pink!! And I just threw the yellow in there in case you wanted lots of brightness - I''ve seen people do yellow and orange hues as their colors when going tropical.

pallettetropical.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
The reason most people suggest coral and turquise or teal, is because on the color pinwheel, this is its complentary color.

Coral is a peachypink- peonies would look beautiful in this color or stargazer lillies.

Purples - like an iris might look magnificent with this. Hyrandangias are beautiful and full and can give a lot of body to a bouquet

White or creames would also be amazing w/ the coral colors. Cassablanca lillies, and callalillies are gorgeous. Fresia are smaller and also slightly fragrant flowers. Orchids are also very beautiful and can be in a large variety of colors.

Yellow or Orange, or Pinks and Reds. to accentuate the colors that comprise the color of coral itself. Think of what speaks to you... and you'll know.

Best wishes! I always look to flowers... see the beauty there... and then the rest always seems to fall naturally into place!
35.gif

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cloudsorchids.com/images/5778_a1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cloudsorchids.com/catts.htm&usg=__kOGtHon4ZdAP2gzPoWN3ke__xrk=&h=221&w=225&sz=28&hl=en&start=110&um=1&tbnid=xuskzqQ5Q00EUM:&tbnh=106&tbnw=108&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcream%2Bflowers%26start%3D100%26ndsp%3D20%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for your help!

I''m thinking the Coral and Apple Green would be our best way to go---going to run the idea past FI and see what he thinks also.

I''m thinking, Coral, Apple Green and a bit of Gold thrown in (I''m in love with this gold windowpane tablecloth--I have to use it!)

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
If you''re getting married at a resort in Jamaica you might want to ask your wedding coordinator (if you have one yet) about your flower options.

I know with me (getting married in Mexico), I am limited in what type of flowers I have available unless I want to pay to have them imported (lotsa $). So, no peonies for me.
39.gif

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Try playing with this website for awhile, it might give you some ideas.

Color scheme generator

There is even a randomize button if you get stuck!

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
My two cents..... for such a bold colour (even in tropical climes) I like the idea of the secondary colour being something more "neutral" and I think a colour that could be related to a metallic colour is a nice choice (ie: silver, pewter, gold, bronze etc.) because there are so many accents that you can get in actual metallics that will then match perfectly to the secondary colour.

So I vote for gold!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about coral and chocolate brown?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results