shape
carat
color
clarity

It occured to me...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That a bling trip might cheer me up. I''m thinking of going into NYC diamond district sometime at the end of this week, next weekend or the following monday. Don''t know if the jewelers would be there on a Saturday, though. So Friday or Monday are looking more likely. Thought I''d take the train in and walk around a bit. Maybe get there before lunch-- around noonish... leave at around 4.

Anyone want to join me? I want to go to Golda''s,maybe Firenze, ERD, and well... open for suggestions as well as company.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy,

A little amazed I''m saying this... but I think it''d be fun to make a trip into the city : ) I''m not in NJ, but in Boston... so we''d have to meet up once we''re there. My sisters are in the city and I''ve been meaning to go visit. This could be a great addition to the trip.

Friday would be best for me, or Saturday... Monday wouldn''t work.

I''m not sure if you were looking for people you actually KNOW to join you (I certainly don''t qualify)... but I couldn''t tell from your post!

Also, you would certainly need to pick where to go - I''m not familiar with the merchants in NYC.

But, I might be able to make the trip a little more fun for you - at least USUALLY company is fun : )

I too don''t have many friends in the area - just moved here - so a little company would be nice in my book too!

Aussiegirl : p

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to meet up someday, cannot get to the city then though! Maybe you will get down to Philly?!
'
Aussie, I am going to Boston this Wed...I have family there. I LOVE Boston...what is up with the tunnel? How sad was that? I hope it is closed til they figure out what is up!

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Diamond Fan...

Not sure what the heck is up with the whole tunnel thing... let''s put it this way. They started the whole Big Dig before I was in high school, when I lived in Boston. I since have left for college, finished college and come back to Boston and they''re STILL not entirely done! It scares the bejesus out of me that parts of it are so poorly constructed... Just hope they figure all this out and that no one else gets hurt!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hey Gypsy!

I would meet you in the city for a little shopping venture! I am pretty sure I am off on Friday too! Sat will be just crazy there though...let me know!

-D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just looking for like minded company and I don't have many friends in the area either! I would love to meet up with you and Dani, Aussie! I think it will be great. I'm not terribly familiar with the city, so if anyone else is and wants to suggest a place to meet, that would be lovely. Otherwise... I'm sure I can look into it and see what's around.

A for places to go... I'm sure we can ask some NYC psers about places to go for bling and I can map it.

Diamondfan-- I definitely would love to meet up with you in or around Philly. Trip will have to wait until I come back from CA, though... I just can't make it out there before then.

Also if anyone else wants to join us it would be great fun!

Oh Aussie and Dani.. do either of you have a decent camera? Mine is a POS.

BTW: Friday is great for me.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! I love this idea!!! Gypsy, we could probably even take the same train in!
2.gif
Which train station do you use? And I think Friday would probably work for me as well.

ETA: My camera works great!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t make it this Friday, bummer. But diamondfan and I can show you some great jewelry stores in Philly, and some outside the city. She introduced me to her jeweler and all I can say is wow.
30.gif
Would love to meet up with you once you get back from CA!!!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Gypsy, when you are back let us know and Kaleigh and I will meet up with you! There are actually a lot of Philly PS''ers near I think! A quick trip on the Metroliner and you are here...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds great Kaleigh and Diamondfan!

Fatafelice... I am dying to get my hands on your cushion...What train station were you thinking of?

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Goodness, might this actually happen?
37.gif

Hoping it might!

When/where shall we meet? Where would the train from NJ bring you (can you tell how LITTLE I know of NYC?!?!)

I have a digital camera too - not top of the line but functional... ooh, but I see FataFelice has a great one... nevermind!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y''all be sure to call before you go. Some of the diamond district has been on vacation this month. I know I remember reading an old thread that warned people about going in July because they went and most of the places were closed.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2006 10:43:18 PM
Author: Gypsy
That sounds great Kaleigh and Diamondfan!

Fatafelice... I am dying to get my hands on your cushion...What train station were you thinking of?
Belmar, since I can walk there.
10.gif

BTW, I asked FI if he thought that it was weird that I wanted to plan a trip with people I'd never "met" and go to jewelry stores. He said, "not at all, but don't take any credit cards." I asked, "because I am meeting strangers or because I am going to jewelry stores?" He meant because of the jewelry stores. LOL. 'Course, I reminded him that neither I or any thief would get very far on my little debit card -- teachers don't get paid for having the summer off after all.
2.gif

I am really excited to try on some more settings, as I keep going round in circles trying to figure out what I want. But there are only so many times that I can get FI into a jewelry store and his current viewpoint is, "now that you have the rock, I'm done."
20.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh DS you''re absolutely right! I will have to check that. Thanks DS!

Aussie, yeah... well, I was hoping it would.

Fatafelice-- Belmar''s okay by me. I''ll leave the train schedule to you, if that''s okay. And I''ll deal with checking to see if vendors are open.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2006 8:35:17 PM
Author: fatafelice
Oh! I love this idea!!! Gypsy, we could probably even take the same train in!
2.gif
Which train station do you use? And I think Friday would probably work for me as well.

ETA: My camera works great!
yes it DOES!! I''ve been meaning to ask you what kind it is..

Gypsy: I''m free on friday... ::sigh:: 3000 miles away ::sob:: I might have to make the pilgrimage though LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2006 9:56:09 PM
Author: diamondfan
Yeah, Gypsy, when you are back let us know and Kaleigh and I will meet up with you! There are actually a lot of Philly PS''ers near I think! A quick trip on the Metroliner and you are here...
the first time I went into nyc was from philly... it wasn''t the first time I''d passed through, but the first time I spent the day there. All the other times we drove down from saratoga to like croton on harmon (forget how to spell it) and took the train south.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2006 11:47:59 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Y''all be sure to call before you go. Some of the diamond district has been on vacation this month. I know I remember reading an old thread that warned people about going in July because they went and most of the places were closed.
I got a letter from GOG saying they''re on vacation until the 25th for whatever that''s worth...

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Well this stinks. I live like 10 blocks from the diamond district but have to work all day downtown, so I unfortunately can''t meet up w/ you guys. But if you need help planning at all just let me know (logistics-wise because I''m not that familiar with the diamond district itself).

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2006 12:17:04 PM
I was just looking for like minded company and I don''t have many friends in the area either! I would love to meet up with you and Dani, Aussie! I think it will be great. I''m not terribly familiar with the city, so if anyone else is and wants to suggest a place to meet, that would be lovely. Otherwise... I''m sure I can look into it and see what''s around.

A for places to go... I''m sure we can ask some NYC psers about places to go for bling and I can map it.

Diamondfan-- I definitely would love to meet up with you in or around Philly. Trip will have to wait until I come back from CA, though... I just can''t make it out there before then.

Gypsy and Aussiegirl-

I would love to meet you guys, I am technically "on call" for work on Fri, but there is a possibility that I wont get called in and I could join you! I really cant let you know till Fri morning though. But really, if I dont have to go in I would love to come. So I will let you know. In the meantime, I guess figure out where you are going to meet and all, and hopefull I can make it! Sounds so fun!

Gypsy- I would also love to meet Lisa (Kaleigh) and Diamondfan in Philly with you too, so when you plan that trip, you can def count me in!!!! I know you live in S.Jersey, and I live in N.-Centr Jersey, so we can meet midway and go!!!
emwink.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello! I live in the Philadelphia suburbs and would love to attend a Philly get-together. There are lots of interesting jewelry stores in Philadelphia and at the King of Prussia Mall.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 10:46:08 AM
Author: Dani

I was just looking for like minded company and I don''t have many friends in the area either! I would love to meet up with you and Dani, Aussie! I think it will be great. I''m not terribly familiar with the city, so if anyone else is and wants to suggest a place to meet, that would be lovely. Otherwise... I''m sure I can look into it and see what''s around.

A for places to go... I''m sure we can ask some NYC psers about places to go for bling and I can map it.

Diamondfan-- I definitely would love to meet up with you in or around Philly. Trip will have to wait until I come back from CA, though... I just can''t make it out there before then.

Gypsy and Aussiegirl-

I would love to meet you guys, I am technically ''on call'' for work on Fri, but there is a possibility that I wont get called in and I could join you! I really cant let you know till Fri morning though. But really, if I dont have to go in I would love to come. So I will let you know. In the meantime, I guess figure out where you are going to meet and all, and hopefull I can make it! Sounds so fun!

Gypsy- I would also love to meet Lisa (Kaleigh) and Diamondfan in Philly with you too, so when you plan that trip, you can def count me in!!!! I know you live in S.Jersey, and I live in N.-Centr Jersey, so we can meet midway and go!!!
emwink.gif
Dani... that''s a great offer for the Philly trip.

As for Friday... I think we should all plan to log on here at 10:00 am on Friday and confirm.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 4:44:21 PM

Date: 7/17/2006 10:46:08 AM
Author: Dani

Gypsy and Aussiegirl-

I would love to meet you guys, I am technically ''on call'' for work on Fri, but there is a possibility that I wont get called in and I could join you! I really cant let you know till Fri morning though. But really, if I dont have to go in I would love to come. So I will let you know. In the meantime, I guess figure out where you are going to meet and all, and hopefull I can make it! Sounds so fun!

emwink.gif
Dani... that''s a great offer for the Philly trip.

As for Friday... I think we should all plan to log on here at 10:00 am on Friday and confirm.
Sounds great to me! I will check in Fri at 10 if I am home so we can plan the meeting, and if I get called in (I will likely go in around 7am) I will write you and let you know I wont be able to make it....
8.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good news/ bad news.

Good news is... The temp agency I''m registered at just called me for VERY short term project. So that''s a financial relief for me. Bad news is... It''s tommorow morning through Friday night. So... I''m not going to be able to make it on Friday. Sorry.

But I still want to go on the bling trip... if others will join. Saturday?? Dani, I know you said it wasn''t a good day for you. Fatafelice... and Aussie-- you three are obviously welcome to go without me on Friday if Saturday is a bad day for you guys.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got some bad news too- I switched my day to work, so I am working all day Friday....BUMMER!!! Sat is not good for me, the FI and I have some wedding-related stuff to do....

I would still love to get together though at some point, so just let me know when and where, and then maybe I can plan a little better next time around!
emwink.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So far this is the best contract/ temp job I''ve ever had. Just popping in... don''t have anything to do yet, they are setting me up for that. Apparently there is a chance that I may be working through the weekend. Not sure. But well... don''t want to plan anything just to cancel. Will definitely have to plan something for another time. SORRY! But, well... I HAD to get out of the house and make some $$-- even as a temp/contract attorney... I just, well... cannot sit at home. Drive myself crazy.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results