shape
carat
color
clarity

It happened...postcard came in an envelope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to share because this made me laugh...

We did RSVP postcards for our responses. My family is very "with-it" even the older generations...I received my RSVP with no problem from my 84 year old grandfather to give you an idea. FIs family is very traditional, old fashioned and not "with it". I told his mom I was very worried that they weren''t going to understand the concept of the postcard and she said, they are going to see the postage, it shouldn''t be that hard! Well...we got our first postcard in the mail yesterday in an envelope.

I was cracking up because you could actually see the stamp on the back of the response through the envelope, along with our address which she would have seen while addressing the envelope. Unless of course she addressed it before putting the card in.

It was too funny. I wish someone in my family did that so I could have a few laughs with them.

FIs is borderline embarrassed, and keeps saying "I can''t imagine what they were saying, probably going on and on about how we didn''t even send a stamp." haha His father was hysterically laughing, it was pretty funny...

I wonder how many more we are going to get in an envelope...

Anyone else have this happen? I know a few of you have done the rsvp postcard.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cute way to save paper, too.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
I think I''ve gotten 3 or 4 in an envelop and about 5 that were hand delivered. That''s $2.52 we could have saved! FI jokes we should have just had pigeons deliver them.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is funny.

Maybe she was just uncomfortable sending a postcard. I know a few people who hate that their writing is exposed in a postcard. (It''s not like postcards are a new invention, ya know?)

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I just was happy to get a laugh, and for a good reason (they are coming!) after everything that has been going on lately. We''ve received about 20-25 cards back already and I was shocked we hadn''t gotten any in envelopes yet...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I totally think it''s hilarious!

Hopefully you''ll get a lot more in envelopes to keep your spirits up! (And you''re right, at least they''re coming in!)

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
LOL, I would be oblivious enough to totally do this -- how funny!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I had a guest complain to my mom that they thought it was incredibly problematic that we had postcards because it would be "an announcement for the world to see" that they were going to be out of town for the weekend. They literally believed they would be robbed blind by whoever these people were that have privy to their mail (even though they live in a gated community with, if I would have to guess, a near-0 crime rate).
20.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Katamri- I've never heard of guests being robbed while at a wedding, lol... but it wouldn't surprise me these days.
Robbery is why lots of people don't put wedding information in their Engagement Announcements in the newspaper. Just month and year. There are MANY families that have been robbed when the wedding was going on, because they knew the house would be empty.

People will just look up the addresses of the parents or the bride and groom, and they know exactly when they won't be home. Crazy.

Nov- Too funny about the envelopes! I wonder if you will get anymore?

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 3:43:03 PM
Author: meresal
Katamri- I''ve never heard of guests being robbed while at a wedding, lol... but it wouldn''t surprise me these days.

I have heard of it unfortunately! One of my friends eloped and then had a reception later. During the reception, a guest stole all of the envelopes with money in them that were supposed to be gifts for the bride and groom. How disgustingly pathetic is that?!
6.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Turbo- I was referring to people''s homes being burglarized while they are attending a wedding. lol

But that is indeed horrible... stealing wedding gifts while at a wedding...
38.gif

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
katamari-that is interesting that they would complain about that. There is no indication on the response card as to when the wedding is...maybe some people have that on their RSVPs? who knows! People are interesting to say the least!

I would never think that robbers would pay attention to the date of someone''s wedding announcement to go rob the parents/family. Thats horrible!

Turbo...i hope no one steals our gifts, or anyone''s gifts for that matter. That might be the worst thing I have ever heard (wedding wise).

So far no more RSVPs in envelopes...now I just have to hope the USPS forwards our mail correctly. When I designed the cards we weren''t even thinking about buying a house, then we decided to buy one and I had no time to get the RSVP re-printed...and we''ve already moved! Hoping for the best, worst case scenario, we may have to call a few people, which I assume we will have to do anyway!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it was inevitable :)

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Ha! I''m doing RSVP postcards, too, and I''ve been wondering if there will be anyone who doesn''t get it! I guess I''ll wait and see if I get any envelopes!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results