shape
carat
color
clarity

ISO Pink Diamonds for Channel Design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ginfield

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I''m embarking on designing an engagement ring and am in need of some assistance from this knowledgable group. The design consists of a simple white-gold channel setting with a round 1.5ct stone in the middle. However, to add a little color to the mix, and because my girlfriend LOVES pink, I wanted to have 4 princess cut pink diamonds set on each side of the round. My question is where a good source for the 8 pink stones (total weight of .5-.6cts?) would be. Finding the round gem will be easy enough, but while I''ve found plenty of vendors online with larger pinks, noone seems to mention the availablity of a nice set of stones for channels. Is this something that can be easily obtained, or am I in for a long and arduous search?

Any advice for this newbie would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t try to source these stones yourself. Instead, I would work through the vendor who is going to be creating your setting. WF, GOG, JA, etc. are all capable of picking out some nice smaller pinks for you. I think it would end up being more expensive if you try to locate them yourself. Those little pinks can be expensive, so if you are on a budget pink sapphires are lovely as well. Sounds like a beautiful ring design by the way!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I would choose a jeweler to make the setting and have them find you the stones. And considering the cost of pink diamonds, I would also second considering pink sapphires. In doing so you will save a lot of money and probably be able to get a much more noticable and intense pink.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ginfield,

I agree w/ kcoursolle that it would probably be better to work with a vendor for the ring setting and the pink diamonds. You might be able to source the pinks yourself, but it would be difficult and then you have the issue of the right size to fit into the ring mounting, etc unless you are doing a custom ring project. Also, you probably will find that it is easier to get well matched pink rounds for the side stones rather than well matched pink diamond princess cuts. Also, you need to consider just how pink you expect the pink diamonds to be - i.e. light pink or more intense, as they will be priced accordingly.

kroshka

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not as long and arduous as it is expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results