shape
carat
color
clarity

Is your pre schooler very neat and tidy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Every child is so unique and you never know what you''re going to get. Anyway my daughter is kind of a wild child, always on the go, kind of hyper, chatty, very curious, always asking questions. Recently I''ve noticed she loves to clean up and put things away. I don''t even have to ask her she just does it. If she knocks something over with her foot or something ( say in a toy store) she rushes back to put it back the way it was etc. She also likes to throw away garbage and put recycling in the bin etc. When we get ready to leave the house she always say''s "don''t forget to turn off all the lights". I''ve always been kind of a messy person so it''s sort of interesting to watch. I know this sounds weird but do I have to worry about her becoming too obsessive about these things? I don''t want her to become OCD or something. Sorry if I sound silly. She also really doesn''t like to get things like food or mud on her hands.

Just a little background, she has sensory issues and she''s exactly 3 1/2.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow. what a neat DD you have love that she picks up after herself. I hope my DD doesn''t have OCD issues when she gets older. Its only on her DVD cases ,she stacks them neatly and arranges them making sure they are all tucked away corner meeting corner...
40.gif
and if it gets slightly disarray she says "oh no my DVD" and has to start over again.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s wonderful that your daughter cleans up after herself. It''ll make it easier when it comes time to specifically list chores!
1.gif
I''m not sure about the OCD thing. I use to have that pretty bad and based on that think that what behavior you need to look for is her double checking to make sure she hasn''t missed anything. Like if she begins turning off the lights and then double checks to make all of them are off. Or if she double or triple checks to see if she hasn''t missed any garbage, etc. There are various types of OCD, so I''m only thinking along the lines of what problem I had in my youth.

Now, however, I''m totally disorganized and my house is always a mess. I outgrew my OCD and don''t bother to pick up or organize anything. Both of my kids are the same way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results