shape
carat
color
clarity

is your mom more nervous about the wedding than you are?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
my mom called me this morning to find out what time she has to be at the wedding, my wedding is october 3rd, and i''m going to see her before that day, so i was wondering why she was asking me now

turns out she was feeling nervous about her part in the wedding, which is simply to walk me down the aisle with my dad, she was wondering if we were having a rehearsal and i told her that our ceremony is so simple, involving only our officiant, FI and me, that it didn''t make sense to have a full on rehearsal

part of me think it''s cute, but the other part is wondering why my mom is so nervous
3.gif

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
It's a big day for her. It's the last day her baby will have her "flower." I'm totally kidding. I hope I didn't offend you.
Seriously though, it's a huge day for your parents too. It's as much a rite of passage in their lives as it is yours. So sweet.
1.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Haha, my mom is similar. I tell her what I still have to do (drop things off at the venue, and make a few more phone calls) and she always says "It sounds like you have a lot of things to do before the big day!" Haha, not really, mom! She acts like we''re going to be so busy running around the day before, but really, I need to have everything done in advance of that, so I don''t think we''ll have much to do at all. I think she''s just a bit anxious and wants to make sure she''s helping - even if there''s nothing I need her to do.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
haha! A huge resounding YES! I can no longer count the number of times she has called to "worry" about something. Luckily my cousin just got married so sometimes I pass her over to my aunt, who says things like, "of course mayachel doesn''t need to get her dress fitted to her a year in advance!"

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
thank you everyone for your responses. i guess it does make sense. the wedding is a rite of passage for my parents as well. i''m the baby in the family.
3.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
my mom might make me have a stroke. seriously- she is even worried about FI''s groomsmens gifts. she was asking about the FG''s shoes today. i finally said, "ok, mom, if she walks down barefoot, i really don''t give a F^$@@!#!!!!"

my mom keeps saying she needs to be "50 and fabulous" for her ex''s family (my dad plus his whole side)- she keeps thinking she is an old hag even tho people could confuse her for my older sister. my older sister (MOH #2) says she will control her on the wedding day and feed her lots of mimosas. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 1:02:48 AM
Author: charbie
my mom might make me have a stroke. seriously- she is even worried about FI''s groomsmens gifts. she was asking about the FG''s shoes today. i finally said, ''ok, mom, if she walks down barefoot, i really don''t give a F^$@@!#!!!!''

my mom keeps saying she needs to be ''50 and fabulous'' for her ex''s family (my dad plus his whole side)- she keeps thinking she is an old hag even tho people could confuse her for my older sister. my older sister (MOH #2) says she will control her on the wedding day and feed her lots of mimosas. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!
sorry to hear about your worrying mom, but i thought your post was quite funny
3.gif

my mom isn''t really worried about any other part of the wedding, she asks me how planning is going but never really asks specifics, i think she is mainly just worried about walking me down the aisle, which is strange because i can pretty much lead her
3.gif

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 9:54:35 PM
Author: ficklefaye
thank you everyone for your responses. i guess it does make sense. the wedding is a rite of passage for my parents as well. i''m the baby in the family.
3.gif
THAT''S IT!!! Im the baby of 4 and my mom never cried so hard till my wedding came along. And dont get me started on what she was like the first time I saw her AFTER the wedding.....It''s just mothers, they get attached, and even though we babies in the family don''t get picked on a lot growing up by the parents, something happens to them when we leave.....I guess it''s like the last straw....It is cute though
26.gif

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 10:19:23 AM
Author: 04diamond
3.gif
THAT''S IT!!! Im the baby of 4 and my mom never cried so hard till my wedding came along. And dont get me started on what she was like the first time I saw her AFTER the wedding.....It''s just mothers, they get attached, and even though we babies in the family don''t get picked on a lot growing up by the parents, something happens to them when we leave.....I guess it''s like the last straw....It is cute though
26.gif
I''m the baby in my family too, and my parents were very relieved when I got married. They could finally stop worrying about me, b/c I had someone else to protect and look out for me. We had been living together for years but making it officially permanent eased their minds.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 11:49:00 AM
Author: brightlight
Date: 9/19/2009 10:19:23 AM

Author: 04diamond

3.gif

26.gif
I''m the baby in my family too, and my parents were very relieved when I got married. They could finally stop worrying about me, b/c I had someone else to protect and look out for me. We had been living together for years but making it officially permanent eased their minds.
oh my gosh, this is exactly what my mom told me
6.gif

i thought it was strange because FI and i live together too, but i guess it being official really sealed the deal
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results