shape
carat
color
clarity

Is your jewelry seasonal?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm realizing that I gravitate towards certain pieces more in certain seasons...
Some pieces I wear every day like my pendant because I'm too lazy to switch it out.

But I"m finding that with winter and cold weather and sweaters, I'm gravitating towards rings that are bigger and have more presence, and I don't wear my "delicate" rings as much as I do in the summer. Partially because I think the small things get lost in all the big sweater fabrics lol.

What factors do you consider when you pick what your accessories are that day? Is it mostly outfit color? or what you haven't worn in awhile? Or what's newest and has most novelty?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tend to wear my dark pearls more in fall/winter. They look better to me with cashmere sweaters instead of lighweight summer tops. Some rings don't fit comfortably in the summer because my fingers swell in heat and humidity so I wear them when it gets cooler.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My costume jewelry varies by season. In spring/summer I wear more bracelets and colorful pieces like turquoise. in the fall, lots of “woodsy” brown colored necklaces and bracelets, in the winter, lots of sparkly holiday earrings and long necklaces. My wedding set, solitaire pendant, and studs stay on 90% of the year though.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I wear for the occasion would affect my jewellery choices: casual, work, dressy and the very grand.

The only exception is the large EC that is my RHR - sometimes I may wear it for casual and work occasions when I need a little mental boost.

DK :))

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tend to wear my Tahitians more in summer because they go better with my clothes! And my WSS and GSS pearls more in winter, again because of the colors I wear.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, no I don't think so. I tend to wear the same jewellery all the time unless I have a special occasion and then I usually use my dress up jewellery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not specific pieces per se but in the colder weather depending on how long I’ll be outside and if I’ll be wearing a hat as an example I might not wear certain longer earrings. Same for necklaces and scarves. And rings and gloves. More of a comfort issue as well as not wanting to lose a piece when bothering with winter gear.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When certainly jeweler isn’t “in season” do you store it somewhere separate for safety or organizational reasons?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t wear as many stackers in the summer because of swollen fingers. I also think bigger pieces come out in the winter because you have more clothes on to showcase them. In the summer they are too heavy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When certainly jeweler isn’t “in season” do you store it somewhere separate for safety or organizational reasons?

I keep all my pieces in my home safe(s) when I am not wearing them. It is very easy to get them when I want to wear and put them away when I am not wearing them.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seem to wear more yellow gold AND more bling as the days grow shorter!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seem to wear more yellow gold AND more bling as the days grow shorter!

Right? I’m tempted to try to rock the numerous rings on each hand look which I don’t usually do. But winter is horrible and admiring my bling at least makes meetings more bearable. :p

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If we're talking costume, then yes. I do have some pretty expensive artisan silver pieces too. I mostly wear those only in the summer, I don't know why. I admire bling all year long like we all do. If I had more brooches, I feel I'd be more likely to wear those in fall/winter. Maybe. Never say never, right?:P2

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The weather is the same all year round here (well, a bit more wet during Nov to Jan), so that doesn't dictate my choice of jewellery. I tend to wear the same most days, ie. my ering Holly, BGD studs, Cartier pave Love bracelet and PP watch. If I am going out to dinner or a fancy event, I may switch to the pave VCA bc that's more blingy and showy and/or I may add more bling.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
No.

But it is such a gorgeous idea!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One factor that makes it a bit more difficult to wear one's rings in the winter (besides gloves to squish them into when it is cold which for me it always is once October hits lol) is that one's hands tend to be drier in the colder drier air that comes with winter here. So I am constantly moisturizing which is not aesthetically pleasing for our diamonds and platinum etc. But I have no choice or my hands would be bleeding from how dry they get in the lower humidity and colder air that the colder seasons bring here. Just mentioning that as another factor that some of us have to consider when wearing bling during certain seasons.

And I agree with @Phoenix I do switch up my bling when going to fancy occasions ie dinner dances/black tie affairs etc. My Cartier Opal comes out to play as do some of my bracelets and necklaces and fancier earrings. And one of my gold watches might make an appearance. Bling I do not normally wear on an every day or even weekly basis. Much more than temp dependent is occasion dependent.

It’s just an excuse for me to get more jewelery. :twisted2:

Haha shhh:shhh: don't tell my dh...I use no excuses when it comes to bling. It is sustenance and therefore necessary for life. That's my story and I am sticking with it.8)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of my pieces aren't seasonal though I tend to wear the pastel colored ones more during spring and summer. I wear more red and yellow/gold (festive colors) during Christmas and Chinese New Year. I have a pair of ruby and emerald earrings in yellow gold which I only wear in December, so I guess they're my only true seasonal piece of jewelry. :kiss2:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very much seasonal with me, but always some exceptions. Blue moonstones, turquoise, Tourmaline, aquamarine and pearls I tend to wear more in Summer. Tahitians, longer pearl necklaces, grey tones, blacks and orange speasartites more in Fall and winter . The few red and pink stones I have are worn much more around Christmas and when it’s grey and cold. Lighter jade in Summer, darker in Winter for the most part but not always. Depends on how I’m feeling. Blue sapphires, lavender jade and emeralds are year round as for me they are trans seasonal.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear lighter jewelry in the summer and a little less. I have some pieces that I think of as winter, like a byzantine circle pendant~it looks like a wreath to me. Anything that is larger doesn't come out in the summer because of the heat. I hardly have any jewelry that I consider costume, but what I do have are christmas pieces. Many years ago I got a red pair of earring by Trifari that are presents. I haven't worn them in years but still keep them.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think so, except for what I think of as "seasonal" pendants. A Christmas tree, heart, a Claddagh, a Mother's pendant. I also tend to wear my crosses a little more around Christmas and Easter. But, of course, I wear them throughout the year, too.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually wear pretty much the same things jewelry wise unless we are going somewhere special like a wedding. Engagement ring, tiny hoops or studs and bracelet. I only wear necklaces occasionally now.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually wear pretty much the same things jewelry wise unless we are going somewhere special like a wedding. Engagement ring, tiny hoops or studs and bracelet. I only wear necklaces occasionally now.

I think I need a bigger pendant for winter to wear over the swearers. My pendant is pretty big but still gets lost amid all the thick material.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well yes, I have an extensive costume Christmas brooch collection that I wear from mid November to January. My pendants really don't get worn during that time.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not intentionally but as I think about it, many do get more seasonal wear. I tend to wear my pearls and heavier pieces in cooler weather -and- floral motif pieces get more wear in warmer weather. I typically change my CS pieces with the colors of my clothing which gravitate to darker/royal tones in the colder weather and lighter colors in the warmer weather. My andasulite ring is my only real seasonal piece - only gets worn in the fall when it matches the color changing of the leaves
. andalusite.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results