shape
carat
color
clarity

Is Your Dog as Crazy as Mine?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 9:54:45 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
Date: 7/23/2007 2:03:15 PM

Author: Lorelei

Date: 7/23/2007 11:10:36 AM

Author: DivaDiamond007

One of my dogs (Chewy) barks at shadows on the walls or floor. If he sees one he has to pounce at it and try to 'get' it. It is so funny but it can be irritating. He is also a begger extraordinaire. He loves food. Even non food. If you are eating it then he wants it too. He's a cutie - but quite big for his breed - so we affectionately call him a bear cub.

My other dog (Nessa) will make the cutest little whine when she's waiting for you to let her out of her crate. She also does this 'fancy paws' thing whenever you give her a treat. She'll stand up on her hind legs and move her front paws like she's doggie-paddling or something. It's so adorable! Nessa also has a very pronounced gait - we call her Nesse the high-stepper because of how she walks. We rescued her so we don't know if she's always been like that or what but it is very cute.

EBree: My dogs do that too - and they're pugs! We call it rudder-butting and they do it daily. Sometimes our boy will try to do it on our (queen size) bed which doesn't work out too well for him.

Oh dear...* wipes eyes* you and Ebree are cracking me up with these butt descriptions!!

My husband and I have all sorts of nicknames for our pugs. It just sort of happens when you have them. They are like little clowns in pug bodies. We call it rudder-butting because it's like they use their tails as a rudder as they're running all over the place. Ours do it daily and it is hilarious to watch. We even have them on camera doing it!

Jess

Rudder-butting! I love it. It's such a great description.

Aren't pugs the funniest little dogs? In fact, I hesitate when I refer to Sally as a dog, because she's not, really. I mean, technically, yes, but my fiance and I refer to her as a little furry alien. A furry alien-clown who demands to be treated as a person.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t get enough! Keep ''em coming, ladies!

I so mourn all my pets who have passed away, and I''m sorry for all of you who are in the same boat. Every time we lose one I say "That''s it! I can''t take it anymore!" But then I think about all the memories and the next thing I know, I''m coming home with a little bundle of crazy.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with you Haven. They give us so much unconditional love. They fill our lives with laughter with all their goofiness. I don''t think we ever get over it, but learn how to cope with the loss. And when the time is right, we find a new pet to take in and love as much as the one we lost.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! I just got around to reading this thread through and I'm in stitches over some of these stories!!!

I'll share my latest among many:

We have two beagles, our eldest is an almost 4 yr. old tricolor male and the younger one is a lemon/red&white female who will be 1 yr. in September. They have COMPLETELY different personalities; the older male is totally set in his ways and not as playful as he was as a puppy, and such a daddy's boy. The younger female is just a hoot, she's always into something and so dainty and cute that you can never get mad about it. I was laid off my job last month and have started noticing how they interact together so much more!

It's summer and so nice out most days that I just let them both outside in the back yard so they can play and bask in the sun or take a nap...but the little one, Daisy, is very mischievous. She will find a way to get up on the patio table and into whatever might be up there or she'll figure out a way to climb the huge trash can by the garage and open it and if there is something close to the top depending on the day of the week she'll rip whatever she pulls out to shreds. Welllll...Mr. Milo, the older one, will actually come to the door and tattle on her by whining and yelping until I stop what I'm doing and look out the window or come to the backdoor and stop her. It's hilarious! He's my little babysitter, keeping her out of trouble yet tattling at the same time, because she gets "in trouble" or scolded, every time this happens. I give them both treats equally, but he seems to think he's being a good care taker or big brother or something. I used to watch them both very closely when we first got her a few months ago, but now I kind of rely on Milo to let me know if something's happening and I need to intervene...he lets me know every time!

I try to keep an eye on them, but when I'm doing laundry in the basement or dishes, or upstairs making the bed, I can't have them underfoot so while they're outside he's really become my eyes and ears as to what she is doing. It makes me wonder if one or both of them will make good babysitters when we have children, LOL! (J/K, I know dogs aren't meant to be babysitters, please don't flame me for suggesting that!)
9.gif

Sigh, I love my dogs!
35.gif

ETA: Haven, I hear what you're saying about how hard it is to lose a pet. I've been through a few myself and it seems so hard when they're first gone, but the "new litle bundle of crazy" definitely helps heal your heart, although you never, ever forget the wonderful memories of those who've made it to a better place. Have you ever read that poem, "The Rainbow Bridge?" It's beautiful. I've posted it on other threads before. If you google it it should come right up if you're interested, I don't want to post it here because this is a silly/happy thread!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, that is the cutest with Milo doing a tattle tale on Daisy!
9.gif
I have enjoyed this thread!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2007 10:02:58 PM
Author: BizouMom
My Chin watches tv and goes absolutely crazy whenever he sees a dog or a horse. He flings himself against the screen and will even run around to the back of the tv to try and figure out how to get to it. He works himself up into a frenzy and gets mad when we turn the tv off.

Our last dog (before our yellow Lab, Biscuit) was a Golden Retriever named Brit. This story reminded me of how fascinated she was when she saw Fred Astaire tap dancing on a small, old, black and white television set. She just parked herself in front of the television set and watched him, mesmerized. Of course, she was a Good Dog, unlike the current dog. Not that we don't have a few stories about her, too.

I was going to be speaking to some nursery school teachers about separation anxiety in my home before the start of the school year. I had a dozen donuts on a plate on the living room coffee table. I think Brit ate 11 of them before I got there.

She also learned that you CAN escape from a screened in porch by jumping through the screen. (We were warned that once a dog does that, it is wise never to try to confine him on a screened in porch again!)

Brit was used to going between my home and my parents' home since she had daycare there while I worked, so she assumed if she was left home, that the action was going on over at their house. One day when we had had to be at my brother's house out of town we came home to find the dog missing. She had not yet broken out of the screened in porch, but had instead dug her way under a fence. (I did not see the signs of this yet.) I was hysterical thinking the dog had somehow been kidnapped from her home. I called my parents to tell them about the missing dog.

We don't know if she swam the river or walked over the foot bridge, but my parents, who had been at my brother's house too, found her on their door step, wet, a mile and a half away.

Deb
34.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I have a photo to go with this description!

90% of the time she''s asleep, Sally has her tongue out. It''s so funny looking. And she loves to snuggle with us in the weirdest places. What you''re seeing in the photo is her snuggled into the back of my fiance''s neck (he''s on his stomach).

She''s such a little weirdo, but I love her.

(Sorry for the quality; I took it with my laptop camera in the dark!)

sallyweirdo.jpg

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
My dog goes crazy if we or anyone in the neighbour cooks lamb.I mean absolutely crazy on a total alert.Once we were invited to a Greek Easter BBQ and of course lamb was part of it.He was invited also so we broght him along.What a mistake it was.He was going " bananas" The smell of it must be doing it to him.we know when someone cooks lamb in the neighbourhood because of him..The hostess at the Greek BBQ was very kind ( by saying that every dog she knows goes crazy with that smell? .I don''t know about this..so far I have not heard to be sure..

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
My great big german shepherd girl thinks she''s a 5lb lap dog. Anytime I am sitting crosslegged on the floor (quite often since i have a toddler) she will back that big hairy butt up and plunk it down in my lap & try to curl up in a tiny ball. Dork.

She''s also terrified of balloons...one got caught in the ceiling fan last week & traumatized her so bad, she slept in the guest room in our basement for 2 nights. I couldn''t figure out what the heck was wrong!

Last night I had the TV on & that movie Eight Below (about the sled dogs left behind in the arctic..or was it antarctic? dunno) and she sat on the couch next to me, paws hanging off the sofa, but with her head & shoulders up and staring straight at the big screen tv. She was mesmerized when the dogs were on. She''d lay her head down on her paws during the parts with human actors, but the minute the dogs came on she''d watch, and if they made noises, she''d cock her head. It was sooooooooooooooo cute. She did that the whole movie.

I have beagle stories (gave her away a year & 1/2 ago...) but they give me PTSD to think about too much. Oy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results