shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this weird??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I spent the entire day dress shopping and I am sooooooooooo tired. However, my efforts paid off, as I found a dress I LOVE!!!

Here is the part that I am not sure is normal or weird:

1. They would not let me take photos in the dress...until we buy the gown...then we can take pics

2. the dress is a "private collection", meaning their is no label, no designer. etc. They said its a line of gowns made just for their store. What are your thoughts on this one?

I have no pics to send to my BMs who live out of town. The price is not bad, but now I have nothing to compare it to, to determine if it is in fact a good price. Would you take it as it is or ask for a discount if you pay in full up fornt? Or would you offer other dvice? i did find an online photo of a dress in a similar style on www.bestpricebridal.com it was priced less and included a credit toward a veil and shoes.

OK, enought rambling. I''d love to hear your ideas/suggestions/feedback.

Melissa

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Melissa,

The same thing happened to me also. We couldn''t take pics of my dress until we bought it -- so, same as you. I''m not sure if my dress'' label was Essence or if that''s just what the salon called it -- it''s not the same Essence as I''ve seen online. Apparently, they made the dress for my salon only. So, no pics ANYWHERE to be found. It was annoying but it''s common, I''ve learned.

I know you asked about the price, and I have no advice for that, unfortunately. Sorry! We knew it was the dress I wanted, and the price was pretty good (I think), so we bought it the second time I saw it.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on finding your dress!

First off, many bridal salons don't allow pictures, and that's normal. I ordered my dress from a place like that too, and they didn't tell me the brand name and style number until I ordered it. This is to discourage people from "shopping around" for better deals, exactly what you were trying to do.
Places like David's Bridal and Alfred Angeleo will let you take pictures because you are buying from the specific designer, and their prices are very well known. No point hiding their prices there, because it's the same anywhere.
That being said, I went to a bridal salon that was highly recommended by brides on various forums. I wanted to make sure that I was going to be treated right with good customer service.
I'm such a good online surfer that even if they didn't tell me the brand/style number, I found it anyway. I also found out that their prices were actually competitive, so I knew I wasn't getting ripped off.

I've just checked out the site that you listed, bestpricebridal.com. I don't know this website at all, and the pictures don't look like well known brands for wedding dresses. I wouldn't necessarily discourage you from using them, but I would try contacting them and make sure you are comfortable with them.

A website I will like to suggest to you is bestbridalprices.com. They are affiliated with the BBB, and they are excellent with communication. I've asked them tons of questions about wedding dresses, and even though I didn't buy it from them I would highly recommend them to anyone who is thinking of buying online.

As for "private label", I'm afraid that I don't know the answer to that one. Sorry
7.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks fo the info. I was actually using www.bestbridalprices.com as a comparison shop, but the gown I LOVE is from www.bridebeautifulinc.com in Atlanta. I''ve started reading reviews and they are one extreme (FABULOUS) to the other (DREADFUL). My experience today was very good. I actiually went 2x. Once in the AM on my own and again in the PM with my mom. THe biggest issue people had was they could not have friends in the fitting room with them. THat did not bother me.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Melissa,

I bought my dress from Bride Beautiful. Gail York was my consultant, and she was fantastic.

Yes, they have that awful "no pictures" policy. Can you post the picture that is similiar to your dress, and perhaps we can help you?I think one of the dresses I liked was from that "private collection", but ended up being a knock-off of a Priscillia of Boston gown, and I had actually tried on another knock-off of it at Demetrios, too. I will tell you that they left the dress that I eventually bought in the room once with me (my Mom was with me in the fitting room) because it was my top choice while she went to get another dress...and we snapped a quick, no flash pix of it on our camera while she was gone. Crappy pix, yes, but it helped some.

I have heard mixed reviews on BB, but I loved Gail and ended up buying my dress off the rack. It is actually here at home with me now, wrapped in a blanket to prevent prying eyes...

I did not pay in full, but for purchasing off the rack, I got 20% off and still will be getting the "full service", steaming, storage, etc. Make sure you read the contract over when you order or purchase, my first copy didn''t include the full service that I had been promised. They faxed me a new one with that on it.

I guess I haven''t been much help. Sorry, but wanted to let you know that my experience so far has been positive!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 11:29:25 PM
Author: Amandine
Melissa,

I bought my dress from Bride Beautiful. Gail York was my consultant, and she was fantastic.

Yes, they have that awful ''no pictures'' policy. Can you post the picture that is similiar to your dress, and perhaps we can help you?I think one of the dresses I liked was from that ''private collection'', but ended up being a knock-off of a Priscillia of Boston gown, and I had actually tried on another knock-off of it at Demetrios, too. I will tell you that they left the dress that I eventually bought in the room once with me (my Mom was with me in the fitting room) because it was my top choice while she went to get another dress...and we snapped a quick, no flash pix of it on our camera while she was gone. Crappy pix, yes, but it helped some.

I have heard mixed reviews on BB, but I loved Gail and ended up buying my dress off the rack. It is actually here at home with me now, wrapped in a blanket to prevent prying eyes...

I did not pay in full, but for purchasing off the rack, I got 20% off and still will be getting the ''full service'', steaming, storage, etc. Make sure you read the contract over when you order or purchase, my first copy didn''t include the full service that I had been promised. They faxed me a new one with that on it.

I guess I haven''t been much help. Sorry, but wanted to let you know that my experience so far has been positive!
WOW, this is great info on BB. What is the "full service package"? Is that an extra price, in addition to the cost of the gown?

I am so glad to hear you had a good experience. I will try to find some pics of a similar dress and post them. It must be a knock off of a high end gown...I love it, so that makes sense b/c I have champagne taste and a beer budget!!!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
This one is a similar style (the photo is a casablanca). The one I like has no bead work at all. It is satin in diamond white w. a sash you can tie at your wiast.

the back is a low V and has buttons all the way down the back and the train

it also has a built in bra/corset bra

and it hase rouching down the front and back to about the mid thigh area
any other pics of similar styles??

casablanca 1861.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
here is another similar style. This one is JCH collection

if you know any other wesites of designers with similar styles, please let me know :)

JCH collection j3081_primary.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Melissa,

I know you started another thread about the dress, but you asked some more questions about BB, so I thought I would answer here. If I remember correctly, full service included pressing/steaming of your gown and storage. I think there was something more, too, but I just don''t remember.

I remember the price tags on the dresses showing different pricing for the different levels of service. I just checked my dress to see if it still had its tag, but it does not.
8.gif
Sorry, I wish I could be more help with this!

angielea

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know if this helps you, but you can order custom casablancas for pretty minimal cost... they can leave off the beading, and probably add buttons for you. I hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results