shape
carat
color
clarity

is this wedding dress possible?

hemelody

Rough_Rock
Small wedding, really small budget
My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 yrs and have finally decided to take the next step, and getting married. We had first thought of getting married in the courthouse and taking our parents and simblings to dinner to celebrate but our parents want to be able to bring a few close friends. We only have about $2000 budget, dress and makeup, and photographer are not get too.i found a online store dress http://www.joobay.com/elegant-wedding-dress-ma01255,name,1000340732,auction_id,auction_details it is custom made .i wana what do u think? too cheap?

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
That is the picture from the original designer, which they are knocking off. I have seen the Chinese copies of these dresses and it really depends on you. It will be the same shape, but the satin will be polyester, so it will not hang as nicely, the tulle will be much rougher and the beading will all be in plastic. It will look like you paid 200 dollars.
For the dress to look like the one in the picture, it would cost 2/3s of you total budget.
I would suggest looking at preowned wedding dress places or department stores to find something at that price that doesn''t look cheap. You might also try david''s or Mary''s bridal, both have dresses in your range.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Try David''s Bridal during their $99 dress sales events! eBay is another great source for less expensice gowns.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2010 11:29:39 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
That is the picture from the original designer, which they are knocking off. I have seen the Chinese copies of these dresses and it really depends on you. It will be the same shape, but the satin will be polyester, so it will not hang as nicely, the tulle will be much rougher and the beading will all be in plastic. It will look like you paid 200 dollars.
For the dress to look like the one in the picture, it would cost 2/3s of you total budget.
I would suggest looking at preowned wedding dress places or department stores to find something at that price that doesn''t look cheap. You might also try david''s or Mary''s bridal, both have dresses in your range.
All great suggestions.

I asked about this earlier and people suggested Once Wed and Preowned Wedding Dresses. They are great -- so many styles to choose from.

I haven''t been into David''s yet but I''ve heard some good things about them too.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 11:52:03 PM
Author: february2003bride
Try David''s Bridal during their $99 dress sales events! eBay is another great source for less expensice gowns.

or try getting them from sample sales too!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
If you don''t need it to be super formal look into BM dresses. I got a Jim Hjelm BM dress in Ivory and even upgraded to Silk Shantung for a bargain price of $289 w/ tax!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!

Some of the Chinese dresses actually look quite nice, not nearly as bad as BIH described. Will it look like $20,000 silk and crystal dress from a major designer not exactly, will it be pretty, definite possibility. (most of the dresses at Davids and other low-mid price bridal places are polyesther and have plastic beading:)

Lily wedding dress (I think that''s what it''s called) is a Chinese dress maker who does good work. Check out the bridal bargins book from your library, they have a whole section on Chinese made weding dresses.

Ebay is a fantastic place to look for gowns! I got mine there for $120 and LOVED it it was a Maggie Sottero dress that retailed for like $1800 . Plus I didn''t need any alterations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results