shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this the dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
So I gave the whole dress shopping thing on more try. I tried a bunch that were nice but one stuck out to me and I actually said "I love it!" I will need to try it on one more time just to make sure.

I really don''t think I am going to be the girl that has that "this is the one" moment. I think I will have to settle for one I love. I am going to one more bridal shop to try on dresses, if not I think this will be it. I need some PS professional advice (please be gentle, its been a very long week
14.gif
)

Here is the website: http://www.jasminebridal.com/html/en/web1_collection_1_a.asp?id=2019

Make sure you look at all three views.

Finally here I am wearing the dress........

jasminegown1.jpg

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Another view

jasminegown2.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Izzy, I think this dress looks incredible on you! You really have a great figure, and this dress totally shows it off. I love the contrast of the beaded bodice with the simple skirt.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it on you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT ON YOU! I just posted that dress for Delster today, and it just looks flat out amazing on you! Definitely try it on until you are sure, but it''s just beautiful on you. Gorgeous. I love the box pleats at the trumpet.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! You really may have made my week with all your kind comments!!!

Kittybean: Thank you! I avoided this dress at first because I wanted something with minimal beadwork, but I am glad I gave it a chance!

Redrose: That is the dress I tried on just before the one I picked! It is beautiful on, and I love the ruffle accents of tulle at the hem. The only problem is my fiance hates any type of ruffles on anyone over the age of 5. I wear lots of ruffles, so before I started dress shopping he gave me a "no ruffles" rule.

Gypsy: Thanks for your complements! It was so hard to find trumpet and mermaid gowns that still had some umph to them. The bridal consultants all told me they are being snatched up so quickly they can hardly keep samples on the floor!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I really really like that dress on you!! I am in the same boat as you, I am not a bride that had a ''this is the one'' moment. I LOVE my dress, but could try on millions more and never decide, so I am stopping because I found one that fits me great, is everything I want, and doesn''t break the bank. And I look good in too obviously haha
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
It looks stunning on you! That is definitely a good silhouette for your figure!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
That silhouette looks great on you! The dress is gorgeous. Let us know how it feels when you try it on again!

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Blair, Harleigh, and Wishful!

I emailed the pics to my fiance (my head is cut off so I think it doesn''t count as him seeing me in the dress) and I got his seal of approval! He has great taste in fashion, and picks clothes out for me all the time, so picking something he liked was important.

Wow, I can''t believe I am buying a wedding dress!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... some red lights are going off when I look at that dress. With that warning, please skip the rest of my post if you want this to be the dress.

First, It''s hard for me to imagine what it will look like when the skirt has been shortened to fit you... the proportions could be very different when the dress has been altered. And -- I''m showing my age here -- I have to say that the top is vaguely remniscent of a vintage girdle. But it''s also possible that I''m suffering from an overactive imaginatioon.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Izzy-- I can imagine with trumpets being a hot ticket right now it would be really hard. A lot of stores I went to refused to sell samples of some popular styles because they said the revenue from their sales of brides ordering the dresses from having as sample there is higher than selling a sample to one bride.

Regarding Minims comment about the skirt. I heard good things about Jasmine as a retailer today. I would call your shop and ask if Jasmine will make the gown to order in terms of proportion for your height, and if they say yes, get that puppy in writing and buy your shoes before you get measured. Minims is right that you don''t want to take the hem up of a dress like that too much. I don''t see the girdle thing... but for me girdles look like spanks. So I probably lack the proper frame of reference.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
The sales associate did say that when the dress is ordered in my size, the detailing at the bottom will rise about 3-4 inches (I am a size 4 and this sample is a 10). I will also be wearing 3 inch heels and in the photo I was barefoot.

Looking for trumpet gowns with minimal detailing around the thighs was a huge concern because I am only 5''2"!

Thanks for the warning though!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i think you look great! minims pointed out a valid concern, but as long as you''ve already asked about it and they can give you something proportional to you, i think it''ll be dazzling!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/2/2008 11:24:21 PM
Author: Izzy03
The sales associate did say that when the dress is ordered in my size, the detailing at the bottom will rise about 3-4 inches (I am a size 4 and this sample is a 10). I will also be wearing 3 inch heels and in the photo I was barefoot.
Glad to hear it -- that should take care of the proportions!

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Izzy, so glad you found the dress! I don''t agree at all, but here''s what I think Minims was thinking of when she said it vaguely reminded her of a vintage girdle...

plus_size_girdles_range.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Big fat YES! This dress ROCKS! Love it!

Great choice!
36.gif

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
My immediate reaction was .... WOW. it looks fabulous on you. I am also shorter and worried about having a mermaid dress with appropriate proportions but it can be ordered to come properly in your measurements. I think this is a fabulous choice. It fits your figure so well and I love the detail. Gorgeous!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I love everything about the dress (especially the shirred bodice) except the transition from the fitted area to the skirt. It does remind me of a vintage Esther Williams style swimsuit a little.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
I love dresses with something different. There are soooooo many that fit that "bridey" mold. Thats why I went with my Tolli as it was the only one that had a bit of glam!

You look great, if you love it I wouldn''t worry about what others say....your guest will only be able to say WOW.
30.gif

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Not many people could rock that dress but, honey, you have the figure to pull it off. It looks great on you. Now, may I suggest one thing with that dres? Tall shoes... that dress requires a little height. Other than that, wow!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results