shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this real Cartier Trinity ring?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo I just purchased a second-hand Cartier trinity ring on ebay. Seller has ok ratings but not perfect. Seller specifically states 100% authentic & will refund if not thankfully.

It's my size and within my budget. It has some wear marks etc but I'm fine with that. I've looked at a few others are realised this one is missing an inscription "Les Must de Cartier" on the outside of one of the bands that other new trinity rings all seem to have!? Is it possible this is a fake or just an older model?

Pics below of the maker stamps in the pics provided. I emailed the seller about this & he quickly replied "See Cartier stamp inside ring, this is 100% authentic" which I guess doesn't exactly fill me with confidence...Thoughts?

_5372.jpeg

_5373.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be a replica. Other similar just "Cartier" rings seem to have different inside hallmarks (check the other eBay listings). Yours is missing some of the hallmarks. The problem is that Cartier, like Tiffany or LV, they are so often replicated. Your ring might be solid 18kt gold but you've paid a premium for the name "Cartier" and if it isn't ☹️. Unless you can take it to a Cartier Boutique and have it verified you can't be 100% certain. I mean, these days with the LV fakes for eg they go so far as to provide fake boxes and fake sales receipts. Personally I wouldn't buy from eBay unless it was one of the verified Japanese sellers. They often will come with their box and original receipt, the Japanese are also very very "anti replica".

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn! It is a Japanese seller but probably not a verified one. His refund policy does state they will refund if not authentic so I'll get it checked when it arrives. I'm not actually buying it just for the brand - I just like that style ring so thought I could have both... :shifty:

I did Google around other Cartier trinity rings and according to one forum they vary quite a bit over the years depending on how old & where they are sold etc so I'm hoping this is the case. :whistle:

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
Not all have the "Les Must de Cartier". I have one that does have that inscription and I remember researching at the time. I think the inscription is from the 70's?

The serial number though is a different format to mine, plus there should be a hallmark, which vary also.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen variations on the outer engraving - I don't think the absence of the outer engraving is an indicator of authenticity either way.

(When I was first introduced to the trinity ring, Cartier was using just "CARTIER" in block letters on the outside of the standard-width trinity rings. That's the one I fell in love with. Unfortunately that style apparently wasn't made for very long, and is now pretty impossible to find!)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I just received my trinity ring in the post and I'm still not really any the wiser! It fits perfectly and looks beautiful. It does feel perhaps a little lighter than I expected so I will definitely get the gold content checked by a jeweller tomorrow. It has the following hallmarks inside of the rose gold band:

- Teeny tiny love heart with SNOE stamped underneath, with 750 stamped under that.
- larger 750 gold stamp
- Cartier engraved in italics (not exactly perfectly which makes me suspicious...)
- 49 (size)
- GE910 (serial number?)

I really like it, it's quite slim (2mm bands) and comfortable to wear. Unfortunately I'm literally nowhere near a boutique that could authenticate it so its guesswork from here... :read:

Any thoughts?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results