shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this okay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Ivory dress and white shoes? Am I over-thinking this?
33.gif
I have been searching on ebay and have found some decent white shoes for under $30 that I like but all of a sudden I realized my dress is NOT white.
Just wanted to be sure this wasn''t a fashion faux-pas!

Thanks!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a tough one, especially if you love the shoes. See, personally, I wouldn''t do it but I have a thing about that. Maybe if you post your ivory shoes, we can all help out and find you similar white counterparts?

Also, maybe they come in another color altogether....like blue? It''s a long shot, I know......

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
So Happy, the dress is ivory and I''m finding white shoes. I don''t love the shoes, they''re just fairly cheap and I''m not willing to spend much given that I''ll only likely wear them once.
I looked for ivory shoes on ebay and there were hardly any for Sandals/Slides. I definitely wouldn''t want shoes that aren''t white or ivory, not quite bold enough for that.. well, maybe silver but that''s about as far as I''d go.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
I''ve always thought gold shoes would look lovely with an ivory dress. I wouldn''t do white shoes with an ivory dress, or the other way around either for that matter, but thats me :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANCO-SARTO-Lustre-Platform-Wedge-Ivory-Shoe-Women-8_W0QQitemZ140100559263QQcategoryZ63889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don''t know your shoe size, or really what you''re looking for, so that poses a problem, but if you happen to be a size 8, the link above is kinda nice I think, but again, don''t know what you''re looking for.

But again, to answer your question, I think it''s fine if you feel comfortable with it. And what kind of dress do you have? If it''s a big poofy one, no ones going to see them anyways! You could do a bright red and it wouldn''t matter to anyone in the room but you :)

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, now I''m starting to worry a bit. I wouldn''t want it to look bad but I really want cheap shoes! I don''t want to add to my budget on a pair of shoes I likely won''t wear again.
The dress is a-line w/no train but floor length so you wouldn''t see the shoes (I don''t think). That''s another reason I don''t want to spend much on shoes, for me, it''s just not worth it.
I will look around at gold though, I hadn''t thought of that color combination but I like it.
I was hoping to find sandles that are slides w/a heel under or around 2.5. It''s a daytime, outdoor event so nothing too fancy and plus, I have sensitive feet so I want to wear something I''m used to wearing.

Thanks for your advice!

Anyone else have an opinion on the white shoes/ivory dress?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MINIMS! You''re right, I have already resigned myself to the fact that I won''t wear the shoes again. I was thinking maybe I could get away w/them in the summertime since they''re sandals but it would be rare.
I like those you suggested, especially the second pair although my FI isn''t much taller than me so I''m going w/something w/a fairly low heel.
I have a feeling I''ll end up w/white b/c they''re too cheap to pass up... $15 and $10 shipping.. too good to be true and hopefully no one will think it looks bad w/the dress.
And if they do, hopefully they keep it to themselves!

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
I would hope no one would be tacky enough to say something to you about it if they did! I don''t see anything wrong with it, like I said before I''m just a weirdo about things like that so I would drive myself nuts about it. But you sound like it really doesn''t bug you at all (aside from maybe this post, hehe) so I think you should definately go for it if you just want to be done with the shoe thing!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Partyjewels! I probably just needed to hear from someone that it was ok b/c although I really don''t care, there''s that little part of me that just wants the reassurance.
I''d like to say my fashion sense is more important to me than spending very little $ but w/this wedding budget, I''m trying to save every penny I can to use in the places that I need it the most!

I think I will go ahead and buy them and mark that off my list!
Of course, I reserve the right to send them back if I try them on and change my mind.
2.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
The shoes I wanted only came in white and in dark colors, so I'm now wearing an ivory dress and white shoes. My guess is that no one will notice. I actually do wear white shoes during the summer, so they're a better choice in terms of re-wearability for me anyway.

ETA- If yours are fabric and it bothers you when you receive them, you could probably go ahead and dye them ivory or champagne.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Blenheim, I''m glad I''m not alone! I don''t think it will be an issue either. I think last night I had a dream about spray painting them.
My dreams are getting a bit too weird these days!

Thanks for your response!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
The only concern I can think of regarding white shoes and an ivory dress (my dress is ivory so I came across this dilemma too)
is that white shoes, if they ever show, may make your not-white dress look dirty. My caterer and florist also warned me about this regarding flowers and table linens.

It is just something to consider. I personally decided to purchase a pair of dazzling shoe in my wedding colors (plum and dark fushia) but made sure that I would want to wear them again and often!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results