shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this Lazare Diamond a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
BF and I have a diamond on hold at Blue Nile but we went to a local jeweler today and I feel entirely in love with the Lazare diamond. Even my boyfriend noticed the difference! It was the most beautiful diamond I have seen and paled in comparison to any other diamonds I"ve seen. It was a VS2, .82 carats (though I swear it looked almost like the 1 carat non-Lazare diamond when we compared them side by side). It''s a G in color. They wanted $5500 for it. Is that a terrible price? I told her we would be comfortable going to an SI1 and she said that would drop the price some.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are just another branded cutting house, just like ACA of WF and Cut by Infinity. Expect some mark-up, but from branding, but from what I read, they don''t necessary cut to H&A precisions. Pricing should be slightly higher than non-brand.

The only interesting info I found.
http://www.proposalring.com/buyingLazare.htm

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 3:33:27 PM
Author:Treasure43
BF and I have a diamond on hold at Blue Nile but we went to a local jeweler today and I feel entirely in love with the Lazare diamond. Even my boyfriend noticed the difference! It was the most beautiful diamond I have seen and paled in comparison to any other diamonds I've seen. It was a VS2, .82 carats (though I swear it looked almost like the 1 carat non-Lazare diamond when we compared them side by side). It's a G in color. They wanted $5500 for it. Is that a terrible price? I told her we would be comfortable going to an SI1 and she said that would drop the price some.
It depends on you Treasure, this is another branded diamond like The Leo from what I understand ( with the usual price premium brands command) - I know nothing about how these are cut, optics or visual balance and beauty, however if you fell in love with this diamond I would suggest comparing it to some Hearts on Fire or other well cut diamonds to see which you prefer. Also as you know store lighting can be flattering to most diamonds, ask if you can check it out in plain daylight to see how it appeals to you then.

More info

http://lazarediamonds.com/

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
We actually held the diamond in a darkened area of the store and the sparkle was still fabulous! Much more beautiful than the Leo or Peerless I''d seen. They also had some Hearts and Arrows Diamonds that were NOT 0 cut that I didn''t find as beautiful.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 3:56:36 PM
Author: Treasure43
We actually held the diamond in a darkened area of the store and the sparkle was still fabulous! Much more beautiful than the Leo or Peerless I'd seen. They also had some Hearts and Arrows Diamonds that were NOT 0 cut that I didn't find as beautiful.
Well maybe this is it for you Treasure! See What they can come up with in SI1 clarity but make very sure the diamond is eyeclean to your standards and again look at the diamond away from the store lights before you decide.

Check out the link I posted above, it has lots of info on this branded diamond.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Does the price seem ok?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 3:59:33 PM
Does the price seem ok?
Thats hard to say Treasure, it is a branded cut and from a brick and mortar store which also can make it more expensive, see what they can come up with for SI clarity and what the price would be for that. Do they have their ' own' grading reports or GIA for these? This size, colour and clarity with good cut quality and GIA reports are selling online for around 3k USD give or take a bit.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

Treasure, I haven''t had as much experience actually looking at diamonds as some of my friends here. But...I originally got turned on to them by a shop full of Lazare''s, so I''m sympathetic.

The price is not way out of wack, I don''t think, but if you could go step by step to compare, that could benefit us all.

This one, an AGS option, similar characteristics, would save you $2K. You could order and compare.

GOG offers two at a similar price point, at .9 carats, one of which is this one.

From what we read here, performance may be similar, but seeing is believing, but it''s your money, experience, and time (and hassle) schedule.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i remember looking at a E SI2 1.05 ct about 6 yrs ago
30.gif
yes, LK diamonds are well cut and yes,it does come with a branded premium.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I think that if you have fallen in love with the diamond and $5,500 is in the budget, then you should get the diamond you love.

I have a Lazare Kaplan diamond and love it, but I don''t think that branded stones necessarily outperform non-branded stones, you just have to do your homework.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d try to get the price dropped by at least $1000. I wouldn''t pay more for that one than one of the hearts and arrows stones.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Well ultimatly it will be my BF making the purchase but he seemed almost as in love with the diamond as I am. I''m not at all the type that needs a brand name diamond. But my breath literally caught in my throat when I saw the diamond.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Sorry Treasure, you asked the question...

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry if my last post came across differently than I intended it. I appreciate everyone''s advice and always pass along the wonderful info I get to him so he can make a knowledgeable purchase. I''m not entirely sure jewelery stores will lower their prices but it''s a good thought. Nice to know that it might be a bit overpriced.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 9:45:28 PM
Well ultimatly it will be my BF making the purchase but he seemed almost as in love with the diamond as I am. I'm not at all the type that needs a brand name diamond. But my breath literally caught in my throat when I saw the diamond.
I hear you Treasure. I sold Lazare diamonds ages ago, they took my breath away. I remember a couple that came in never had an ering. So after years of marriage they wanted a Lazare diamond ring. Only a 3 stone ring. I called in stones for them, they were soooo amazing. I will never forget that ring.
You can find the same online, for less. No question. But the Lazare line, it still has me.....
30.gif
30.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Treasure, it sounds to me like you already have your answer. If that diamond takes both your and your FF's breath away and it's in budget, then ... Well, I'd go for it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 11:49:56 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 3/28/2009 9:45:28 PM
Well ultimatly it will be my BF making the purchase but he seemed almost as in love with the diamond as I am. I'm not at all the type that needs a brand name diamond. But my breath literally caught in my throat when I saw the diamond.
I hear you Treasure. I sold Lazare diamonds ages ago, they took my breath away. I remember a couple that came in never had an ering. So after years of marriage they wanted a Lazare diamond ring. Only a 3 stone ring. I called in stones for them, they were soooo amazing. I will never forget that ring.
You can find the same online, for less. No question. But the Lazare line, it still has me.....
30.gif
30.gif
If Kaleigh knows the brand and loves it - with her exquisite taste they must be beautiful!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:49:00 PM
Sorry if my last post came across differently than I intended it. I appreciate everyone''s advice and always pass along the wonderful info I get to him so he can make a knowledgeable purchase. I''m not entirely sure jewelery stores will lower their prices but it''s a good thought. Nice to know that it might be a bit overpriced.
Almost all will, they expect you to dicker.
28.gif

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I think we''ll probably end up going with the Lazare because it took both our breaths away and that''s what matters in the end. Now I just have to decide between two settings...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please come back and post your ring, we''d love to see it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 12:33:01 PM
Author: Ellen
Please come back and post your ring, we''d love to see it!
We would indeed!

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I will!! It might be a couple months because I have to decide on the setting (see my white gold and platinum post)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results