shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this kind of weird?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know if it''s just me but this seems kind of strange. The boyfriend''s parents are coming into town on the 25th and we''re going to eat dinner with them of course. I asked him what the occasion was and he said its because his brother''s fiance''s parents are coming into town to meet my boyfriends parents. It''s just a little strange to me. I would think it would just be the two sets of parents and the couple getting engaged meeting together for the first time. What do you guys think?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It doesn''t sound weird at all to me, but I come from a really tight family and if any of us get together, we ALL get together. I could never date a man long enough to want to marry him without having had my parents already meet his parents, though. So the whole we''ve-just-gotten-engaged-and-our-parents-are-meeting-for-the-first-time is the weirdest sounding thing about all this, to me.

I''d be happy that his family is including you in their get-together.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it''s weird if your boyfriend''s brother and his fiancee and the rest of his family will be there. Then it''ll be more of a family dinner sorta thing, which probably takes the pressure off everyone.
21.gif

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
They''ve only been dating a year to a year and a half. Maybe that''s why they hadn''t met before, I dunno. I guess my family just isn''t as close knit as theirs. I don''t even know who half my cousins are on my dad''s side of the family LOL.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 9:48:33 PM
Author: Haven
It doesn''t sound weird at all to me, but I come from a really tight family and if any of us get together, we ALL get together. I could never date a man long enough to want to marry him without having had my parents already meet his parents, though. So the whole we''ve-just-gotten-engaged-and-our-parents-are-meeting-for-the-first-time is the weirdest sounding thing about all this, to me.

I''d be happy that his family is including you in their get-together.
Ditto. My family met my fiance''s family long before we got engaged, and in my family, everyone is invited to every event. I agree that you should be pretty excited that they are considering you part of the family--that is a big deal
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results