shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this false and misleading roscejewelers.com ?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would have thought this companies ads on Facebook selling man made diamonds at 1% of the price of natural diamonds would qualify for false advertising?
I do believe that FB give or with-hold approval of ads - perhaps they should have seen these ads and not allowed them through.

1609455922545.png

and
1609456044760.png

Reactions: Kya

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have thought this companies ads on Facebook selling man made diamonds at 1% of the price of natural diamonds would qualify for false advertising?
I do believe that FB give or with-hold approval of ads - perhaps they should have seen these ads and not allowed them through.

1609455922545.png

and
1609456044760.png

The way the photo was taken I don’t even want to click on the video..It looks like more than man made diamond advertising...lol

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
@Garry H (Cut Nut) - The FTC takes this sort of false advertising quite seriously, and they've come down on a number of deceptive companies selling simulants as laboratory-grown diamonds.

IIRC you're based in Australia, no? Your trade commission might be keen to investigate if this fraudulent company is shipping to Australia.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Garry H (Cut Nut) - The FTC takes this sort of false advertising quite seriously, and they've come down on a number of deceptive companies selling simulants as laboratory-grown diamonds.

IIRC you're based in Australia, no? Your trade commission might be keen to investigate if this fraudulent company is shipping to Australia.

I am sure if they need to be reported doing so in USA would damage them 100 times more than Australian ACCC!
Have you notified the FTC Jason?

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am sure if they need to be reported doing so in USA would damage them 100 times more than Australian ACCC!
Have you notified the FTC Jason?
Linking up with my POC this week to put it on their radar - thanks for the heads up!

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
What is a POC?

Point of contact. (I've collaborated with the FTC on a number topics related to man-made diamonds and diamond simulants over the years)

On a related note, the amount of intellectual property theft on Etsy is out of hand. Multiple sellers have ripped of hundreds of our images to sell CZs and moissanite.

Heck, some even use images of our jewelry boxes without blurring out our logo and name!

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
I'm seeing so much of this. Just a cursory glance around e-bay shows countless sellers passing off CZ or other crystals as 'lab diamonds' or 'synthetic diamonds'. Aside from fraud it's also creating a myth that laboratory grown diamonds are fake, no different to any other cheap simulant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results