shape
carat
color
clarity

is this diamond worth the price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BiggBaddWulf

Rough_Rock
Hello I am new to this forum and I need some advice on this diamond.
Carat =.70
Cut = Ideal
Color = D
Clarity = VS1
Table = 56%
Depth = 62.4%
Pavillion = 43.4%
Culet = 1.6%
Girdle = Slightly Thick
Gia Cert
Price $3360
The HCA is 2.6
Is this Diamond worth Purchasing at this price?
I need Some Feedback, Thank You.

AnnaMagdalena

Rough_Rock
Given the info you provided, I'd keep looking if I were you. With your budget, you should be able to find something that might perform better visually and have a bigger spread than this. Have you tried doing a "search by cut quality" here on pricescope? I did a lot of reading when I started looking for my stone, and the two vendors I narrowed down to were goodoldgold.com and superbcertlcom. Other vendors with excellent reputations, just to name a few: Nice Ice and whiteflash. 2.6 HCA could be a good stone, but most likely you could do better.

Good luck

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hey Wulf~

I noticed you said GIA Cert, and you listed the HCA score. Did you figure the HCA using %'s for crown and pavilion? If you did, you need to contact the vendor and get Sarin info on the crown and pavilion angles. You will probably find the HCA score is much higher. As an example, my diamond scores 0.6 HCA on %'s when the real HCA is 1.2 using angles.

Also, you need one more bit of info to help folks here guide you. You didn't post the depth on the diamond. You can simply edit your original post to add this information.

A Class 1A Cut diamond (the top cut rating below Hearts and Arrows) in you color, clarity, and size sells for an average of $2760 among Price Scope Vendors.

Hope this helps!
1.gif

BiggBaddWulf

Rough_Rock
I used the Sarin Angles. I just listed the Depth. Thank You for taking your time to answer my question.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
OK. Knowing you used angles and got 2.6 on the HCA, you probably also got a comment saying something like, "Buy if the price is right".

I forgot to tell you to post the crown depth, but it looks like this diamond is probably a Class 1B cut. Average Price Scope price would be $2637. Either way, 1A or 1B, the price is a bit high.

Just curious, but are you dead set on D color and VS1 clarity? These are areas you could compromise somewhat without seeing a visual difference. Unless you have 2 diamonds side by side, you can easily drop color down to F (still colorless). VS2 is still very clean for clarity. Both factors are premiums in pricing that could help you get an extremely well cut diamond for close to the same price as the diamond you mentioned.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results