shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this bridezilla-ish?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Short version: Can I tell my FMIL she can''t wear blue to the wedding because it''ll clash?

Long version: Out of all the people in the wedding, FMIL is the only blonde with fair skin. Everyone else has dark hair. BMs are wearing dark red. My mom picked out a coppery dress. The room is gold with orangey red gold curtains. Our colors are dark red, espresso and gold. Everything is kinda warm colored in a formal way (my interpretation anyway!).

FMIL has yet to start looking for a dress, so this is a little preemptive, but she mentioned that blue is her color (it totally is too, and she wore it to her daughter''s wedding) and I just think it''ll totally clash! Am I horrible for thinking this? Is this my first bridezilla moment?!
11.gif

I probably wouldn''t say anything to her, but I might have my mom do it (they''re close friends and work together).

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
There might be no easy way to say this at all. I agree, its best for you not to say anything. If your mom and your FMIL are really close, would it be appropriate for your mom to go shopping with her? That way, as she is trying things on, she can steer her towards a different color without telling her what to wear.

However, I really don''t think it will clash. The moms and the whole bridal party are only maybe in 1 or 2 photos together, if any. I promise, no one is going to look at your FMIL and say she clashes.

Sorry, this might be a Bridezilla moment, but if you keep it on PS, I promise I won''t hold it against you
9.gif
I''ve had many *almost* moments myself
9.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Yes, you''re a total bridezilla.
3.gif
I dunno. Apparently a lot of people tell their families what color to wear, so I think it''s expected.

Now, a more important question: will you tell MY FMIL not to wear blue to MY wedding? She''s already purchased her blue dress. But our colors are purple and pale green. The horror!!
2.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
LOL thanks ladies!!! Blair, maybe so on the photos, but all of her children are in the party! The groom and FIL in black and 3 BMs in red. Ack!!

T, I''ll call her up, what''s her number?
3.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
FI''s mom asked me what color to wear, I said I didn''t care. FSIL just told the moms what color NOT to wear.

What if your FMIL picks a dark blue color (dark sapphire) rather than a bright blue or pastel blue color? I think that will look nice with your previously mentioned colors but still be comfortable for her. Is your wedding in the evening too?

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...are you close with you FI''s bro/sis? Maybe you could recruit his sister to knock some sense into his mom and tell her that while blue looks lovely on her, she thinks it might clash with all the other colors...However, I do know what you mean...

I wish I could tell FI''s mom to step out of her comfort zone a little. I''M probably going to sound like a Bridezilla, but I feel like since it''s her son''s wedding, she could ''try'' a little bit harder than normal (meaning hair/makeup), but I have a feeling that she won''t
33.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 6:04:51 PM
Author: TheBigT
3.gif
I dunno. Apparently a lot of people tell their families what color to wear, so I think it''s expected.

Now, a more important question: will you tell MY FMIL not to wear blue to MY wedding? She''s already purchased her blue dress. But our colors are purple and pale green. The horror!!
2.gif
you have the same colors as Kittybean and I! Yay! If it makes a difference, my mom and FMIL are both wearing shades of blue. The picked it and I didn''t even think that it was my choice. Opps.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Why not offer to go shopping with her to pick out her dress? That way you can be covert about it.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Lliang, yep, evening!

Blair, I''m close with the sisters (they''re my BMs) but I don''t know if I''d tell them to tell their mom that. Good idea about having my mom go shopping with her.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 6:14:45 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Date: 4/7/2009 6:04:51 PM

Author: TheBigT

3.gif

2.gif

you have the same colors as Kittybean and I! Yay! If it makes a difference, my mom and FMIL are both wearing shades of blue. The picked it and I didn''t even think that it was my choice. Opps.

I didn''t think I had a say in the matter, either! (But my own mom happened to get light green, which I think will be lovely with the purple bridesmaid dresses).
It''s a great color combination, if I do say so myself!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results