color
clarity

Is this Aqua too light?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Folks

Aqua from KosnarGemCo

I actually don't like anything that is too blue but do you think this is too light? Also wondering if it would be a pain to set....

I LOVE the cut though........

Posting full links because I am not sure and the vendor is so nice if someone pips me to it I won't feel too bad!

icm_fullxfull.165829636_cnkr2j18hp4ccwooo4cc.jpg

icm_fullxfull.170072209_d6zw7fdmf34ggk4sc8sw.jpg

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Personally, I love aquas from the palest blue to a good, saturated blue. I think this one is really pretty. To me, aquas are the one gem that can get away with any level of saturation. :))

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
To me, the light color is fine but do you mind that you are likely to be able to see the inclusions shown in the last photo? The movement of the cut is very interesting but I find the light seems to pass straight through rather than be reflected back like in a normal emerald cut. Of course, you can’t really escape this with aqua to a certain extent...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always feel a bit funny when I get to the stage of asking you guys about a stone.

Cuz I am usually the kind of person who just pulls the trigger. The fact that I'm asking suggests maybe I am not that committed. But I have been eyeing this for a while........

@peacechick vendor says there is a slight window when tipped side to side. That doesn't worry me too much as I find the cut rather artistic.

I'm not usually a blue girl but @suzanne2 's aqua ring is probably one of my fav PS rings of all time!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very light. So this should be very affordable. Personally I wouldn't pay 3 digits for this.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I always feel a bit funny when I get to the stage of asking you guys about a stone.

Cuz I am usually the kind of person who just pulls the trigger. The fact that I'm asking suggests maybe I am not that committed. But I have been eyeing this for a while........

@peacechick vendor says there is a slight window when tipped side to side. That doesn't worry me too much as I find the cut rather artistic.

I'm not usually a blue girl but @suzanne2 's aqua ring is probably one of my fav PS rings of all time!

Ha! Do you mean this one??

20180412_121925.jpg

Thanks for the lovely compliment!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20180412_121925.jpg

Yes!!!! I normally don't even like blue!!!! But seriously that ring is one of my favourites I've ever seen on here!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

20180412_121925.jpg

One of the most artistic rings I’ve ever seen. The aqua would be gorgeous even without the amazing fancy cut, And the setting just completed it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How light is a personal preference. I can’t say what’s too late light for you.

@peacechick
That’s her fingers (skin) you’re seeing. The aqua is extremely clean.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
How light is a personal preference. I can’t say what’s too late light for you.

@peacechick
That’s her fingers (skin) you’re seeing. The aqua is extremely clean.

Ah that makes sense. The video did look very clean.

Attachments

• 8BE22F13-6F0A-483F-AD1D-596953AA219D.jpeg
    8BE22F13-6F0A-483F-AD1D-596953AA219D.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 11

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats like almost clear.. Yes its too light unless you really like that sort of thing. On a personal level I'd skip this stone because to me its aqua in name only.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too light for me -- and I have no aversion to lighter stones. (I prefer cornflower sapphire to royal blue, for example, and I have a lovely Colombian emerald that is more of a "green beryl" to my eye.) It may be hard to see any color at all in that gem unless it's against white paper.

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have had several aquas and have finally managed a bluer one and it took a lot of finding. Since these gems seem to overall have higher transparency than other gems, I think darker the better. This one is pretty but you can do much much better because I’m afraid it is too light. I’d suggest Jeff Davies or Gemrite, they have nice ones right now.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! I will pass.

I think I was pining after @suzanne2 's masterpiece. Upon swooning over her ring again I realised her stone had a greenness to it that I loved (amongst other qualities).

This was my brain fart attempt to recreate a poor man's version of it. I don't like blue enough to find a bluer stone and this one is very light.

I do love the cut though but not enough to go through the drama of trying to set it etc
Maybe if it was greener!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! I will pass.

I think I was pining after @suzanne2 's masterpiece. Upon swooning over her ring again I realised her stone had a greenness to it that I loved (amongst other qualities).

This was my brain fart attempt to recreate a poor man's version of it. I don't like blue enough to find a bluer stone and this one is very light.

I do love the cut though but not enough to go through the drama of trying to set it etc
Maybe if it was greener!
so.... have you looked at the possibility of topaz? blue topaz dosen't have to be super deep blue to get its point across, and Aqua is a stone where you will pay big dollars for deeper color. Another alternative is a blue green tourmaline...just throwing that out there;-)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so.... have you looked at the possibility of topaz? blue topaz dosen't have to be super deep blue to get its point across, and Aqua is a stone where you will pay big dollars for deeper color. Another alternative is a blue green tourmaline...just throwing that out there;-)

I just love Suzanne's ring really!!!! I don't even like blue!!!!!

I will stop with this madness! I think the fact I made a thread about it means I was iffy about the whole thing. I'm pretty trigger happy normally!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the party, however I prefer my Aquas light with a hint of green, as can be seen in the one cut for me by Jeff White.

byl028.jpg
jwaqua_02.jpg

Colour preferences are very personal, and I appreciate my Aqua is not everyone's cup of tea.

DK :))

Kevin Bryant

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Folks

Aqua from KosnarGemCo

I actually don't like anything that is too blue but do you think this is too light? Also wondering if it would be a pain to set....

I LOVE the cut though........

Posting full links because I am not sure and the vendor is so nice if someone pips me to it I won't feel too bad!

icm_fullxfull.165829636_cnkr2j18hp4ccwooo4cc.jpg

icm_fullxfull.170072209_d6zw7fdmf34ggk4sc8sw.jpg
No I am a big fan of there work, color looks great

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the party, however I prefer my Aquas light with a hint of green, as can be seen in the one cut for me by Jeff White.

byl028.jpg
jwaqua_02.jpg

Colour preferences are very personal, and I appreciate my Aqua is not everyone's cup of tea.

Such a stunning colour!
Perhaps Jeff has more of this material?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 I love aquas with green. They are my favorite type, but hard to find! Yours is gorgeous.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

byl028.jpg
jwaqua_02.jpg

This is so beautiful. It reflects light like a dream.

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a stunning colour!
Perhaps Jeff has more of this material?

I sent him that exact picture as reference for what aqua color I was looking for & mine came out more blue. It’s light but def blue vs sea foam green. This was earlier this year. o_O

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

JW's cutting is always superb IMHO.

The stone was commissioned back in 2016. I can't remember how I heard about this material, might have seen something similar on his FB page.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I visited the website of the vendor where Suzanne2 purchased her aqua. Actually Suzanne purchased hers a a gem show, but the vendor has a website as well. From what I remember, there were a few stones that were lovely and pretty affordable. I think he had some cool ametrine. I wasn’t looking to buy anything at the time, just looking. Was then vendor John Dyer? I can’t remember.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I visited the website of the vendor where Suzanne2 purchased her aqua. Actually Suzanne purchased hers a a gem show, but the vendor has a website as well. From what I remember, there were a few stones that were lovely and pretty affordable. I think he had some cool ametrine. I wasn’t looking to buy anything at the time, just looking. Was then vendor John Dyer? I can’t remember.

https://www.johndyergems.com/catalog_pages/gemstone-Aquamarine3624.html

:eek2:

NONONONONONO

I don't have the funds to give it a fabulous setting! I need to make peace that there are many beautiful things on Pricescope and some things you just enjoy and let go. :P2:mrgreen2::lol-2::kiss2:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Attachments

• 20180410_164425.jpg
    20180410_164425.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180412_123720.jpg
    20180412_123720.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20180603_111026.jpg
    20180603_111026.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180412_121121.jpg
    20180412_121121.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20180412_171046.jpg
    20180412_171046.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 20180412_170539.jpg
    20180412_170539.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 15

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was pretty though. It was light but pretty.

I hope you find a new one soon. Did you say what your budget is?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was pretty though. It was light but pretty.

I hope you find a new one soon. Did you say what your budget is?

Budget should be zero!!!!! I feel bad! Bought lots of nice things this year already!

*moving on moving on moving on*

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results