shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this an antique or reproduction?

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
I have this piece coming to me. Does it look like a reproduction or actual antique piece? Any experts that can help date the era? TIA 44FBE1FD-EB7F-47F7-B72B-DD9687977AA1.png 9D875A91-EF1B-4065-AFFC-F8685B8A43B6.png

elizat

Ideal_Rock
What era are they claiming? It looks like a reproduction piece to me, that is Etruscan and Victorian inspired all thrown together. Etruscan-style jewelry had a big moment in the Victorian time frame, when pieces were made in that style. However just from the two photographs you have shared, it looks to me to be a reproduction piece that is a mishmash of the two styles.

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
What era are they claiming? It looks like a reproduction piece to me, that is Etruscan and Victorian inspired all thrown together. Etruscan-style jewelry had a big moment in the Victorian time frame, when pieces were made in that style. However just from the two photographs you have shared, it looks to me to be a reproduction piece that is a mishmash of the two styles.

Thank you. They are not claiming an era. But I was guessing a reproduction as well. I guess I will know more when I receive it. For some reason the piece appealed to me despite it not being a real antique.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think that it is a very unique looking bracelet and I can understand why it appealed to you. I think there is nothing wrong with it being a reproduction, as long as it's priced fairly in your eyes and it's not being marketed as something else.

My only issue with a reproduction is when it's not disclosed that it's a reproduction/when it's claimed it is a true antique and priced accordingly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results