shape
carat
color
clarity

is this a good size for asscher studs/pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! this is probably a very subjective (and dumb) question, but I''ll ask anyway. maybe some of you have items this size and can give me perspective.

I am looking at asscher cut studs and a matching pendant (oooh what this website has done to me and my wallet!!!). I already have a pair of round studs, .40 tcw which are about 3.5 mm each and a .5 carat round pendant which is about 5.5 mm maybe? I think they are a great size for me (understated but make a presence).

My price range is allowing for similar sizes in asscher cuts. But would a 3.5 mm asscher earring and a 5 mm asscher pendant be "big" enough? Would you be able to see that its an asscher and would they look proportional? I dont have any square diamonds to compare it to.

thanks!
19.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone correct me if I''m wrong, but since asschers are cut deeper than rb, wouldn''t the same carat size asschers actually be smaller in mm measurements than rb? I think that would be the case, and if so, that might start getting small to really notice the asscher lines in the earrings. Unless you''re saying your price range is such that you can afford larger asscher stones that have the same mm measurements as the rb???

Doesn''t someone have an asscher eternity or half eternity band? I think so...what size stones were they? Maybe you can get an idea of how big the earrings would be based on the stones in the ring?

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
oooh i may be getting confused too with my wording! my budget allows for about a 5 mm asscher pendant (about .64 carats) and about 3.5 mm studs (about .25 each). i did notice that in an asscher the stone width was smaller compared to a round. maybe i will just have to splurge and get big ones since i will wear them forever!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results