shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bryankloos

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I spent the afternoon looking at some diamonds and settings, and would like some help before making any purchase.

The diamiond stats:

GIA Certified Cushion Brilliant

Meas: 6.94 x 6.65 x 4.49
Carat: 1.60
Color: I
Clarity: VS1

Depth: 67.5%
Table: 64%
Girdle: Thk to XThk, Faceted
Culet: None

Polish: VG
Symm: VG
Fluor: Faint

I was told in the I range that faint fluorescence is a good thing. Is this true???

Does anything look wrong? What would be a fair price?

I get very nervous about parting with my hard earned dollars (even though she is VERY much worth it), and would like to make a sound purchase.

Many Thanks,

Bryan

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cushion need to be seen to select, can''t tell by the numbers.

bryankloos

Rough_Rock
It looked nice, but the price is 8+K. Looking here, it seems this may be a little high, no?

bryankloos

Rough_Rock
The pricing I found using pricescope was from 5$500 through about $11K, with the majority being in the low 7K range.

I guess I am concerned that I am overpaying for the diamond. While it would be nice to buy from a local dealer (lifetime service etc) the prices online are a bit better, no? At the end of the day I would prefer to keep lthe sale local...

Interestingly, when I run the GIA report, it only gives a brief description, no diagrams and no other lab tests... Only the stats I provided in this thread. Is this normal?

I just wonder if 8300 is a good deal...

Hmmm......

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s a fair price for a B&M. You''re paying for the convenience of them being local. The table is a little on the larger side but as long as it looks good in person that''s what counts
2.gif
Flour is good in lower colored stones, it can help them to face up ''whiter''. I have an I color cushion also and I LOVE it.. I was looking for one with flour but this one came up and I loved it. The GIA report check doesn''t show plots but the actual report will. Congratulations and good luck! :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the price is fair for a B&M, but I can''t say much else about the diamond without pictures. Are you sure you don''t want to consider that GOG cushion that was linked? It looks incredible and GOG has one of the best lifetime upgrade policies in the biz.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
It would be good if you could examine your B&M cushion away from the store''s spotlights and compare it''s performance to the better ones shown in GoG videos.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2009 4:02:14 AM
Author: DiamondFlame
It would be good if you could examine your B&M cushion away from the store''s spotlights and compare it''s performance to the better ones shown in GoG videos.
Definitely.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to ask Bryan have you looked at and compared many cushions?

bryankloos

Rough_Rock
Truth be told no. I did look at a bunch yesterday, and this was the nicest. I did look at it away from spotlight, and then in natural sun light. It was nice.

Ive purchased rounds before, but this would be the first cushion.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2009 6:08:46 AM
Author: bryankloos
Truth be told no. I did look at a bunch yesterday, and this was the nicest. I did look at it away from spotlight, and then in natural sun light. It was nice.

Ive purchased rounds before, but this would be the first cushion.
I just wanted to mention this, did you fall in love with this cushion, or did you just feel it was the best out of the ones you viewed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results