shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Doug

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a beautiful Radiant cut diamond for $1750.

The grading reads as follows:
Radiant
5.45 x 4.39 x 3.16 - (ratio 1.24)
0.6 carat
Depth %: 72
Table %: 72
Culet: None
Finish
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity grade: VS2
Color grade: G
Fluorescence: None

Do you think this is a good deal - should I hold out for a similar diamond with an F color in the similar price range?

Doug

Rough_Rock
I forgot - The stone is GIA cert.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hey Doug, is this an internet stone, or one you're examining at a bricks & mortar jewelry store?

Do you think they might be able to supply you with the crown height (or angle) and pavilion depth (or angle)?

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
Hi
I just have seen the same stone for $1221.00,
I think you are overpaying a little.

1.gif

Doug

Rough_Rock
Rich

This is from a local jeweler. I just have a photocopy of the GIA report. How do you get the other measurements? I thought it was hard to get measurements of pavillion depth and crown angle on radiant stones. I am sure they would provide it if I wanted them to. Are the measurments part of the GIA report or do you have to measure them yourself? What kind of numbers should I be looking for (Is there a range to shoot for or to stay away from)?

Do you think the price is a little high or about right?

Doug

Rough_Rock
Rich (or anyone else who might know)

On radiant cut diamonds should you follow the AGA guidelines on the following website?
http://www.diamondfile.com/fancy-shaped-diamond-tutorial.htm

Or should you fudge their numbers a bit?
I have been told (don't know if it is right) that you want the Depth % and Table % to be fairly close to each other. In addition you want them to be in the range between 68 and 72 percent. The girdle should be around a medium and you want a length to width ratio around 1.5 (I like around 1.3).

Or is there no real clear cut range?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results