shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a GIA diamond-

0.90 carats

You can find the report if you type that in here:

http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm

I don''t have much info about it because it''s a private seller!! Please let me know if tihs is good or not!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately the report for this stone is too old, dated 2002, before GIA even starts to measure angles, so we have no way of knowing roughly how well it is cut.

EDT:
Actually, from other numbers, M-VT girdle, G symm, sounds like not very well cut. The only way to know is to view it with an IS/ASET scope. Get it send to an independent appraiser before confirmimg purchase?

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Rosebud,

Here's a link to the report:
http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=12434887&weight=0.90

Since it was graded in 2002 there are no crown and pavilion specifics. Two flags are the very thick girdle and the comment on the report stating that 'crown angles are less than 30 degrees.' With the indicated mm measurements, table size, depth and girdle data we can deduce that the pavilion angles may run anywhere from near 40.9 degrees (30 degree crown) to 42.0 degrees (26.5 degree crown) or even higher - and that's a stab in the dark.

A current 3D scan, IS or ASET photo would tell us more, but be aware that the highest cut grade GIA would give this diamond today is 'Good,' and it could be lower depending on crown angle and pavilion angle specifics.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 12:17:58 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Unfortunately the report for this stone is too old, dated 2002, before GIA even starts to measure angles, so we have no way of knowing roughly how well it is cut.

EDT:
Actually, from other numbers, M-VT girdle, G symm, sounds like not very well cut. The only way to know is to view it with an IS/ASET scope.

Thanks so much stone cold!! =D You are a great help!

I figured I would need to get more info, but I wanted to check to see if someone knew more tricks than me... all I know how to do is punch numbers into hca.. lol! That is a great conjecture though about the cut, I will try to find out more information!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 12:21:01 PM
Author: John Pollard
Hi Rosebud,

Here''s a link to the report:
http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=12434887&weight=0.90

Since it was graded in 2002 there are no crown and pavilion specifics. Two flags are the very thick girdle and the comment on the report stating that ''crown angles are less than 30 degrees.'' With the indicated mm measurements, table size, depth and girdle data we can deduce that the pavilion angles may run anywhere from near 40.9 degrees (30 degree crown) to 42.0 degrees (26.5 degree crown) or even higher - and that''s a stab in the dark.

A current 3D scan, IS or ASET photo would tell us more, but be aware that the highest cut grade GIA would give this diamond today is ''Good,'' and it could be lower depending on crown angle and pavilion angle specifics.

Wow thank you very much! You guys sure know your stuff!!!!! I don''t want this diamond then, would want a well cut one! Thank you so much!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 12:21:01 PM
Author: John Pollard
Hi Rosebud,

Here''s a link to the report:

Since it was graded in 2002 there are no crown and pavilion specifics. Two flags are the very thick girdle and the comment on the report stating that ''crown angles are less than 30 degrees.'' With the indicated mm measurements, table size, depth and girdle data we can deduce that the pavilion angles may run anywhere from near 40.9 degrees (30 degree crown) to 42.0 degrees (26.5 degree crown) or even higher - and that''s a stab in the dark.

A current 3D scan, IS or ASET photo would tell us more, but be aware that the highest cut grade GIA would give this diamond today is ''Good,'' and it could be lower depending on crown angle and pavilion angle specifics.
Ditto John.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results