shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ronn888

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. Been doing some research on diamonds and finally think I might have found the one...

GIA Cert.
Shape and Cutting style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 7.43x7.51x4.64
Carat Weight: 1.6
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: SI2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Finish Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Additional clouds are not shown

Depth: 62.1%
Table: 56%
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Culet: None

Drum roll: $9500 for the loose diamond. I am not in a super hurry, is this a good deal or should I pass? Thanks in advance!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have crown/pavillion angles, this would help to evaluate the stone. Also, a picture and an IS image would help. Have you asked the vendor if the stone is eye-clean??

ronn888

Rough_Rock
here you go. TIA

dimensions1234.JPG

ronn888

Rough_Rock
more requested info.

dimensions12345.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it!!! It faces up a tiny bit smaller than it''s carat weight, but other than that I see nothing wrong with this stone.

I would ask the vendor if the stone is eye-clean before purchase. SI2''s are a little tricky, some are eye-clean, and some are not.

Also, ask the vendor for a pricescope discount, depending on the vendor it''s about 5% for most ps vendors here.

ronn888

Rough_Rock
kcoursolle,

Can I ask you what you are looking for in the dimensions? That''s one thing that I can''t get clear! Thank you so much for your help so late at night!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there again,
I am a late night lurker, so it''s pretty easy to catch me at night LOL.

Cut quality is the key for a beautiful diamond and nice light performance. When I look at the dimensions, first I run it through the HCA cut advisor (see home page or do a search). You want the result to be under two...and then from there, it''s a bit more subjective.

I have personal sweet spot for cut preferences and others have their own preferences for cut quality. If the cut falls within my preferences or close to them, then I check out the IS image to see if there is leakage. In your case, the IS image is fine. Your stone is a tad deep, but it should have very nice performance. It will face up a little smaller than it''s carat weight, but this difference is small...not a huge deal.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

I agree with Koursie, this diamond could be a good pick!

ronn888

Rough_Rock
I just asked the seller if the diamond is clean to the naked eye. He said ""borderline, the inclusions are hard to see." Any suggestions?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does the seller have a good return policy? If so, then you could order the stone and see for yourself whether you think the inclusions would bother you. It''s a tough call, but SI2''s are a great value and the clarity shouldn''t affect the sparkle or overall look at all...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results