shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mr3Rs

Rough_Rock
Please help. I don''t know much about diamond and need to buy an engagement ring quickly. I found this one in a local jewelry store and don''t know if it''s a good deal. It''s a lose diamond, round cut, .69 pts, G color, VVS2, 5.7mm in diameter, and GIA certified. The jeweler said that it''s an ideal cut. The cost for this is $2500. She said the setting could be $100 to $200 for white gold. Is it a good deal?

Another question: If I buy something bigger, what are the good choices for $2500? Should I lower the color and clarity? Thanks a lot in advance and please respond as quickly as possible. I need the ring before this Saturday.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
from a cursory search, it seems like it's well priced. in fact, any G VVS2s that show up in the PS search for under 2500 are not ideal cuts...

do you have the GIA number or enough information to plug into the HCA?

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
before you decide if you want to lower the color to get a bigger diamond, ask yourself what is important to your girl? does size matter? do you think she will be happy with the 0.69ct?

and please do get the numbers from the jeweler. without the stats, we cannot tell you if it''s really ideal or if the jeweler is just telling you that.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Unless the grading report is from AGS or GIA (2006) and actually says ideal or excellent cut, I wouldn''t trust what the jeweler says. VVS2 is a bit high, if you''re trying to max out size dropping to a Vs2 or Si1 would help. But then my mother loves the fact that her diamond is high clarity. it really is in the eye of the beholder.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results