shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a crazy idea?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I am the lone duck but I don’t like the idea. I think it’ll look like a ring that was modified. Not cohesive. I think having the prongs ride gold would not improve this ring.

but honestly whenI post on this forum an idea I’m unsure about and someone I’d like “nah that’s ugly “ and I get defensive- that’s when I know I’ve made my mind up :) so if you’re like “shut up niel it would look good.” Then there you go.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel you crack me up, I would never think anyone should just shut it because I’ve made up my mind, I asked you all for your opinions right?

I wonder if you are talking about the original ring I was going to hack or the one with the opal I posted yesterday? To me the opal is a good hack since it’s not original to the ring.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I love the newest option with the opal. I think you would be improving it by swapping in your stone. Looking forward to seeing this!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel you crack me up, I would never think anyone should just shut it because I’ve made up my mind, I asked you all for your opinions right?

I wonder if you are talking about the original ring I was going to hack or the one with the opal I posted yesterday? To me the opal is a good hack since it’s not original to the ring.

Oh yeah I could get behind the opal idea for sure

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I vote for replacing the opal with the pink diamond in the second ring. I think it would be gorgeous (I love the swirls and baguettes!!) and the first ring gets to keep its authenticity, too. Win-win.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for helping me figure this out, much appreciated! The opal ring is on layaway (Christmas lists for two kids, one who will be 14 is :roll2:) so I’ll be sending that ring and the diamond to David in January:dance:

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for helping me figure this out, much appreciated! The opal ring is on layaway (Christmas lists for two kids, one who will be 14 is :roll2:) so I’ll be sending that ring and the diamond to David in January:dance:

Looking forward to seeing the ring when it is finished !
Both rings are so pretty!

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I think the pink diamond wouldn’t flow right, I love the opal idea.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Smith3 would you be more on board if it was an old cut diamond I was replacing the opal with? Just curious if it is replacing the opal or replacing it with a colored diamond that you think won’t work.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada I wonder if people replying know that you’ve changed your ring setting idea to the new one? You should repost it on this page perhaps. :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada I wonder if people replying know that you’ve changed your ring setting idea to the new one? You should repost it on this page perhaps. :)

Good call, thanks @Slick1 I have a tendency to make things confusing!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Do it! I think the pink will really make a statement in this!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring FINALLY arrived today. There is good news and bad news. The bad news is the seller incorrectly measured the opal and the pink diamond won’t fit. The good news is my no culet OEC that I have had no idea what to do with DOES fit.

I was originally going to send this to D. Klass because I was going to do rose gold prongs and I’m not emotionally attached to the Lightbox. However the idea of sending this diamond through the mail (which is all backed up) gives me anxiety. So I dropped the rings off at my local jeweler this morning. I won’t have this back until mid to late January with all the customs he is doing for Christmas and they go on vacation until January 15th.

The ring itself is really pretty, I’m excited because I wanted to reset this diamond but had no idea what to do with it. So it all worked out. Pictures!
EA7C772B-0728-4FDD-AF08-A034E18FE7E6.jpeg 05C9F397-10DE-409D-B5C4-5D6D98E06A7F.jpeg

7ED8D6B2-C2E5-44B5-B015-3105EFD77A06.jpeg
E5FB3A7B-0C04-4067-A656-7C75C91E9DDD.jpeg
15A68A14-67F2-4A6B-9100-40C108663A97.jpeg
A003C794-A17A-4429-8D39-A27F9BD19285.jpeg

The diamond that will replace the opal:
859807A5-12D1-4C56-95E7-72CC540DFCC6.jpeg

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Well, a different win than you were looking for, but a win nonetheless! It's going to be beautiful!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lala646, I was talking to one of the PS folk yesterday and she said she was thinking this setting would be perfect for that diamond from the beginning. I’m excited to see it done!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry the pink diamond didn’t work out but love your idea to place the OEC in there! Great coverage on this ring too!! Love it! Use the opal as a pendant!?

ETA typing at the same time!! Yes to the OEC in there!! ;-)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada
This opal ring is really gorgeous. 1940's, maybe? Ribbons and bows were a common motif at that time.
The diamond will look great. Then maybe you can shop around for a colored stone to replace in the other setting.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I admit I was confused at first -- thought the chain would catch on your hand =)2. Well, actually that you were stealing the center stone to make a pendant, and not the other way around.

I see it with a medium-tone blue sapphire. Would seem to suit the vintage and style of the ring. Or a pink sapphire. Even a top rubellite. Pop of color.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! Looks like it was made for this stone. Looks original!! Love love love it!!!!! Great choice! :clap:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is really beautiful. It has a lot of presence on your hand. Nice job!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

DK :kiss2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful on you!! You have an amazing eye! I love the setting and the diamond and together its stunning!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful on you!! You have an amazing eye! I love the setting and the diamond and together its stunning!

Wow-ee!
A real stunner! It is so much nicer than the opal! The little marquis make my heart flutter.
You have a good eye, Yada!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results