shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a common zircon color?

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Another question!

As you all know I just bought a peachy sapphire (pics are coming) and unless I don't keep it, I shouldn't buy another stone. Well I saw this one and it's calling out to me so hard! There was a deeper blue version of this earlier and I loved it but someone bought it. But I like this better! It's such a beaut I'm so ready to just go over and buy it like RIGHT NOW and not care about finances. It's at a fairly low price. So my question is, if I miss out on this one will I find another like it? Since I'm "new" to gems (even newer to zircon) I don't think I've ever seen this color before, and if I have, it wasn't this cut (which is would be less interesting to me).

Thanks in advance!

upload_2019-9-27_18-18-49.png

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I just did a search and blue zircons came up as this color. I don't know why I just didn't think of that. My head must be too up in the air because I've got my new sapphire AND I'm finally going on vacation :lol-2: I guess there's no need to answer this question.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just be aware that Zircons are heat treated to create that blue. Similar to Aquamarines, routinely heat treated to improve colour so assume heated.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a common color for zircon, but the cut is rather unique. Pretty stone.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I don't mind it for this stone

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Turquoise blue is common, great intensity is not... The picture may not be very close to reality, if it is, this is above & beyond what I think possible.

There are a couple of great blue zircon stones around here.

2p

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a common color, but the cut is unique!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great! I like

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I may recognize that particular zircon :) It's a very pretty color and that hexagon cut is cool. The blue color some in high-quality zircons can be quite intense, IMO.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I like light-medium saturation. I'm hoping to get a light lavender sapphire some time. I wasn't planning to get zircon for a while but now I really want this. The cut is definitely what drew me to this along with the color.

@mellowyellowgirl those rings are.gorgeous!!! I love that lavender jade and and love ascher cut. That zircon is just as beautiful! I just want everything you have!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes common colour, and a cut which I think turns up from time to time in zircons. You're likely to find similar ones on Jeff Davies ebay page (not sure if there are any at the moment), and gemobsessed had some on her instagram too!

Having said all this, the one youre looking at was fairly priced and inexpensive. So can't see the harm in just getting it.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I just bought a $700 peach sapphire. I just can't justify another purchase even if the price is low :(2

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Do you have this yet?!

Yes, I'm currently taking pics in several different lightings. So far, I don't see anything to not like about it :D when I have enough pics, I'll post them up.

Reactions: AV_

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just bought a $700 peach sapphire. I just can't justify another purchase even if the price is low :(2

I don't think you're missing out on much then. Something similar will be arround later.

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade
For combination of colour and cut it’s not that common unless you have trade access and go to many trade shows or know the couple of people who sell those cuts. Good hexagon cut zircons are not easy to get and often come in colours that are more greyish ( zircon can often have a dull greyish look) or simply light blue.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for the input. I did see that the vendor had others of these in this color and unique cut. I liked them but none were quite like this one. It's reassuring that I can wait for another one but as @Rare gem lover says wow that color combo! I hope I can score this stone and if I do I will let you all know :D

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again for the input. I did see that the vendor had others of these in this color and unique cut. I liked them but none were quite like this one. It's reassuring that I can wait for another one but as @Rare gem lover says wow that color combo! I hope I can score this stone and if I do I will let you all know :D
She has a sale starting Oct 3 so I hope you get it! I've a couple things saved for later in my shopping cart as well :whistle:.

voce

Ideal_Rock
:eek2: Oh lord. Do you know how much of a discount?
20%. The sale probably starts at midnight, I'll be there with my shopping cart :cool2:.

voce

Ideal_Rock
What's fantastic about this zircon is that the color is so perfect and versatile, if you wanted to pair it with red/pink, darker blues, purple, green, orange or even yellow, and of course white, it would all work! Good luck at the sale. I don't think it's going to sit in her shop until Christmas time, but that's just my personal opinion

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
20%. The sale probably starts at midnight, I'll be there with my shopping cart :cool2:.

Lol! All the things I wanted were bought up in the last sale. Not that I could afford them anyway. Now she has two things I want. I'm ready to cry when one sells (no I'm not but I can't afford it), but not this zircon. Maybe I will pay her a visit and talk her into giving me an early sale.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Anyone know how long the sale will be?

voce

Ideal_Rock

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I gave her a price that she said may be doable but didn't confirm. So I guess she is waiting to see if anyone buys it during the sale first. I can't justify spending the sale price since I just moved and already made some splurges. *Sigh*

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I gave her a price that she said may be doable but didn't confirm. So I guess she is waiting to see if anyone buys it during the sale first. I can't justify spending the sale price since I just moved and already made some splurges. *Sigh*

That zircon is beautiful! I debated getting it, but decided against it since I have a station bracelet project under construction with Yvonne.

voce

Ideal_Rock
If I were in your position I'd try to work out an installment payment plan instead of going nobody else buys it. Just a suggestion.
That zircon is beautiful! I debated getting it, but decided against it since I have a station bracelet project under construction with Yvonne.
I debated getting it but decided against it since it's too big for the tourbillion setting.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I'm glad neither of you got it because my fingers are still crossed and I'm holding out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results