shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a big deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
So, we've revamped our idea for our wedding theme, and are going with a "winter wonderland" -ish theme. So far we're having ice blue table cloths with white lace overlays, white chaircovers with ice blue sashes, a Xmas tree with blue bulbs (in silvery blue and darker blue) and white snow flake ornames with silver garland and white lights (will not be crowded though, just a few of each to not be overwhelming) and probably white hydrangea centerpieces with votive candles surrounding them.

I picked my wedding dress out before, however, and I picked ivory b/c stark white on my pale olive skin is not the best look for me. The sparklie bugle beads on my dress match the glitteryness of the snowflakes that we are using (I'm going for candlelight, some sparkling and snowy/icy looking).

I was going to do ivory for the white for church flowers, since I will be carrying those but I don't like ivory for reception decor.

Is it ok to have an ivory dress with WHITE as my wedding colors for the reception? I think it's probably ok bc no one else matches the tablecloths really, but I wanted to see what you all thought? Not that I have much choice but I just want to know if it's going to be icky. My mom thinks I sould match the tablecloths, and thinks we should use ivory overlay on my table (which I don't think is a good idea b/c it'll end up looking dirty compared to the other white ones)

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
It''s definitely ok!!! Nobody will hold the tablecloth up to your dress, I promise!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Ditto, this came up on Indiebride recently, and the unanimous answer was that no one will ever compare your dress to the linens. Or even remember what color linens you had. Relax!

Linky for other board's thread

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies!!! Another question--

Carry white or ivory flowers at the ceremony???? I was thinking ivory/cream colored flowers just for that part, but what do you all think?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I think white or ivory flowers, either one, would be fine, but what about throwing some blue in there too, just so it can "pop" off your dress? Sometimes I think having the flowers the same color as your dress makes them get lost in the whiteness.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
This is silk, but it''s cool.
_mg_7839.jpg

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds absolutely beautiful...

I wouldnt worry about the ivory vs. the white... no big deal...I think it sounds beautiful..

If I werent having a beach wedding.. and didnt want a short engagement.. I would have had the winter wonderland wedding in a heartbeat!!!

Sooo jealous!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone. No one will notice or care.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
No worries at all.
It will all look beautiful,
and I love the idea of a mixed bouquet,
the one someone posted with the sparkly decoration in it is gorgeous.

I agree another color flower in with the white will look very pretty-

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Ooooo! I love the bouquet that you posted sumbride! I think adding blue would look great!

I think it was smart of you to choose ivory since it looks better on you. No one will notice the color of the dress... they will just be amazed at how beautiful you look!

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
O by the way... I found these pics that are white and "icy blue" --- not exactly what you want but I thought it might help =)

icyblue.JPG

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Thanks Bravesfan, that looks great! Must keep it in mind : )

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results