shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there something wrong with this cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GiGi

Rough_Rock
I found this nice looking stone on EBay, it is in my favorite Emerald Cut shape. This stone looks however very different from my diamond, and I was wondering if you guys can tell me if the cut on this stone is "off" somehow.

Thanks!
GiGi

GiGi

Rough_Rock
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=983992425

Here is the link.....

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hiya Gigi.

On one end of the emerald cut the beveled corners are cut at a greater angle than the other side. This throws off the symmetry of the outline of the stone, and makes one end look longer than the other.

Nice champagne color though.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Does it not seem like too good of a deal? Or, are champain diamonds less expensive? He has a nice looking 0.40 pear for just over a hundred, but I don't know if I trust it.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Champagnes are less expensive, sometimes quite less expensive. Even still, this stone looks like it was a pretty good deal. It's tough to tell from a picture only, but it looks like it was being offered at about the wholesale level.

Rich, GG

Rook

Shiny_Rock
"Champagnes are less expensive, sometimes quite less expensive."

Why is that, people just don't like the color? Or, is there a problem with them. Seems like they would look nice in a white gold setting!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that's one reason. The brown hues are not as preferred by the general market.

Also, the browns are not as rare as the other fancy colors.

Rich, GG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results