shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there anything i am missing about this round?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nmarconiur

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have been looking for an e-ring for a little while now. I have been reading the forums here and advise on PS. I found the below round, which seems to be a nice rb in my price range. But, I am always conerned that I am missing something since i didnt even know what a SI1 was 3 weeks ago. Im not sure it matters, but it would be set in a 4 prong solitare setting. I have it on hold for 24 hours. Basically, I would like to know if there is anything wrong with this diamond? It looks maybe a little deep? I am not sure i am reading the ideal-scope images correctly either. This one looks good to me, but im not 100% sure i know what it''s supposed to look like. Should there be leakage near the edge (is that better?).

1.19 Carat
AGS 0
H
VS2
61.9%
54.9%

It scores 1.4 on HCA (EX,EX,EX,VG)

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?find=1&cid=130&item=1225034

-Nate

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 12:38:55 PM
Author:nmarconiur
Hi everyone,

I have been looking for an e-ring for a little while now. I have been reading the forums here and advise on PS. I found the below round, which seems to be a nice rb in my price range. But, I am always conerned that I am missing something since i didnt even know what a SI1 was 3 weeks ago. Im not sure it matters, but it would be set in a 4 prong solitare setting. I have it on hold for 24 hours. Basically, I would like to know if there is anything wrong with this diamond? It looks maybe a little deep? I am not sure i am reading the ideal-scope images correctly either. This one looks good to me, but im not 100% sure i know what it's supposed to look like. Should there be leakage near the edge (is that better?).

1.19 Carat
AGS 0
H
VS2
61.9%
54.9%

It scores 1.4 on HCA (EX,EX,EX,VG)

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?find=1&cid=130&item=1225034

-Nate
Welcome!

Its fine, not too deep at all. The IS image also looks good, personally for any diamond with the h&a title I like hearts images in order to be able to judge overall cut precision but I don't think JA offer them. However it looks like a very nice diamond indeed.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto.

nmarconiur

Rough_Rock
Hey, thanks for such quick responses! How important is having the H&A image? That''s the IS image with table-down, right? Would it stop you from purchasing the diamond?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 1:06:29 PM
Author: nmarconiur
Hey, thanks for such quick responses! How important is having the H&A image? That's the IS image with table-down, right? Would it stop you from purchasing the diamond?
Personally I would want a hearts image ( yes table down) in order to evaluate the diamond properly if it was said to be a h&a and I wanted this precision cut, as to me without hearts images we are missing crucial info. But thats me and what I have been taught over the years " it is all in the hearts", but if you are happy with the diamond and don't need to see hearts images then thats fine too - this is a very well cut diamond and should be beautiful, it just depends on your personal standards. This article might be helpful to you.

http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/65/1/Hearts-and-Arrows-Diamonds-and-The-Basics-of-Diamond-Cutting.aspx

And you are most welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results