shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there any way I could tie orange in somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to use orange somehow at our wedding, either during the ceremony or at the reception (same place). If you flip through this photographer''s website (the one I had hoped to use but he ended up being way too expensive for us), you''ll see several pics with orange. There''s one particular bride and groom who incorporated bright orange beautifully (her sash and their flowers scattered on the ground outside the church). It was too hard to pick out just a few pics, but it doesn''t take long to scroll through Brian''s galleries.

http://www.brianwedge.com/new_index.php

The problem with using orange is that I don''t think it goes well with the heavily decorated burgandy of the venue or the ivory and chamagne of my sash. My sister''s MOH dress is indigo blue so she could get away with orange but I''d like to use it elsewhere. Any ideas? It''s a summer wedding, so the color would be perfect for the season I believe but I don''t want it to clash with anything.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
My opinion is, who cares if it clashes with the venue?? But then again, I LOVE orange, and I think it''s a great wedding color personally. Have you picked flowers yet? Because a bouquet with orange roses would be FAB.

But for what it''s worth, I don''t think orange clashes with burgundy. It''s just kind of a fallish look.

Roses like this, well at least for the color:

ist2_1879429_red_and_orange_bouquet.jpg

jas

Brilliant_Rock
We had lots of orange in our wedding -- which was mostly burgundy with a lot of ivory accents...we used it more as an accent, an unexpected pop...lemme see if I can dig up some pics...hold, please
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh or some gorgeous calla lillies like this. Scrumptious!:

w12_bl1.jpg

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, here's the chuppah...it's a little hard to tell, but the ENTIRE ROOM (walls!) are burgundy!

Pcikberg12.jpg

jas

Brilliant_Rock
And here are the bouquets...the BMs wore chocolate, but I do think the orange would work in other situations (other colors mixed in...a livlier color palate to work with the blue...think more pinks...)

larange.JPG

jas

Brilliant_Rock
oops, sorry about all that white space. It's a little hard to see here, but the aisle was strewn with orange, yellow, and deep red petals...the chairs are all burgundy, as are the walls.

laisle.JPG

jas

Brilliant_Rock
And...

yummocako.JPG

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Burgandy is actually quite an odd colour - it tends to fade totally into the background in photos so don't worry about it.

I'm having burnt orange, mango and marigold yellow with ivory and a bit of gold and sage green as my colours.

My mother was very dubious, but when we went to see my venue, the woman there said 8 out of 10 people choose dark red as there was so much burgandy (carpets etc) and it just all sank into the background and you could hardly see the flowers at all - venue is a big heavy stone medieval abbey, so it's quite dark.

One other person did oranges and yellows years ago and she said it looked amazing.

There should be another orange thread around from a few weeks ago where I posted loads of bouquets etc as did others.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The right tone of orange, IMO, is a wonderful accent to burgundy.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I think tones of orange would look gorgeous next to the burgundy. I also agree w/Pandora that the burgundy will tend to fade into the background, thus allowing the orange to pop next to the blue of your sister''s dress.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the opinions and the pics!! I know I''ve posted before about not wanting to clash with our venue, but I was giving this more thought and decided that if there was a way, I wanted to tie orange in somehow. I''m not meeting with florists until the end of the month but I''ll work on another collage, this time with oranges. Would you girls mind giving your opinions once again?

Oh by the way, I didn''t mean to overwhelm anyone with the link I provided earlier. I have since found the exact photos I wanted to share (it''s Amy and Mark''s wedding proofs from Brian''s site) but I can''t upload them.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that the burgandy and orange combo can look really good. FF and I painted the largest wall in our living room burgandy and have some orange accent pieces in our apartment and the combo looks stunning.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Incorporate? So... not have the entire wedding overridden by orange, as in my color scheme?
31.gif

Seriously, the only color I want is orange, haha. I'm trying to figure out how to break my orange UP, not how to introduce it
3.gif

Here's my color scheme palette that I posted in another thread about a month ago. Some of these things I'm actually planning on using, some are just for visualization purposes. Maybe you'll find some inspiration!

ETA: If you notice, the bouquets have burgundy and orange right in them. I think if you wanted to tie the two together, that would be a good way to do it. If you had both colors in the floral arrangements, then you could use just orange elsewhere, if you wanted to.

visualizemuseyswedding.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LMAO Musey! You crack me up! Your colors are fantastic together!

Slight threadjack...may I ask what style number your Winnie Couture dress is? It seems very similar to the Jim Hjelm style #8663. Since my $.99 ebay find may not be able to be altered to fit after all, lately I find myself enthralled with the lace dresses I am finding here on PS, and I think your dress is absolutely gorgeous! Did you happen to post any pix of you in it???
9.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Wow, jas, your wedding looks lovely. I didn''t know orange, pink, and burgundy could look so good together.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if the orange is tinged with some dark red it will look lovely. Try also not to do a bright tangerine but something that has red in it, and then you shoud be fine. Think blood orange. The orange itself has a touch of dark red, and then the edges have a dark red too. It ties it it in. I also think then that chocolate, gold and cream all look incredible as accents.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2007 10:48:01 PM
Author: Harleigh
LMAO Musey! You crack me up! Your colors are fantastic together!

Slight threadjack... may I ask what style number your Winnie Couture dress is? It seems very similar to the Jim Hjelm style #8663. Since my $.99 ebay find may not be able to be altered to fit after all, lately I find myself enthralled with the lace dresses I am finding here on PS, and I think your dress is absolutely gorgeous! Did you happen to post any pix of you in it???
9.gif
Hi, Harleigh! I haven't gotten a dress yet. That Winnie Couture I love for the sash and the lace, but not the halter neckline. It's Anabella, Style 8279--they have it pictured on the front page of their website.
2.gif

Incidentally, I LOOOOOVE jim Hjelm, too! The BM dresses hooked me, now I'm loving his bridal gowns as well!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I agree about the halter neckline...I think the Jim Hjelm one is more flattering and I love the look of the lace on the back. I''m not really sure how I went from satin to lace, but after seeing what is available out there, I am really not as enamored w/the satin as I originally thought I would be, and that satin dress I got on ebay is HOT!!! (Temperature-wise, I mean!) That could be because it was made for an anorexic Barbie doll, but that''s beside the point!

I really like your color palette and look forward to seeing what you end up with for a wedding gown! Keep us posted!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 12:06:55 AM
Author: Harleigh
I really like your color palette and look forward to seeing what you end up with for a wedding gown! Keep us posted!
Oh, don''t you worry about that!!
2.gif
3.gif
Thanks for the compliment! I''m lucky in that FI loves orange, too. Everyone else who has heard that our colors will be orange and... orange... gives a little muffledly shocked look! I just have to say "trust me, it won''t look like a college dorm room!"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results