shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a woman here who never wears makeup?

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
i pretty much never wear it. i rarely "do" my hair either, just dry and go. my hair is stick straight though, so there isn't much to "do" to it. :cheeky:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could be a no-makeup girl sometimes, but I always wear foundation, eyeliner, and lip balm or gloss. I use BareMinerals powder foundation to cover my melasma, and it's very light and good for my skin. I've been wearing black eyeliner since high school--there's no way I can kick that habit. Personally, I also don't feel "dressed" without makeup, but several ladies in my office don't wear any, and I think they look great!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do if I'm going to work or if we're going someplace. Generally 6 days a week I've no make up on. Not necessarily the prettiest sight. Before the kids came I only wore make up if we went someplace, like out to eat or shopping-I didn't wear it to work at all..I was tanning back then and my skin was really nice and I was super confident in my looks. Now the confidence has tanked but I just don't really care anymore.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to play with it in middle school (in the 80s) but I've never worn it aside from that. I hate the feel of anything on my face/lips, and eye makeup bothers my eyes anyway, so I don't bother wearing anything. The ONLY day I've worn makeup was my wedding day almost 2.5 years ago. I scrubbed it off as soon as possible once we returned to the hotel after the reception.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1292022122|2793725 said:
I used to play with it in middle school (in the 80s) but I've never worn it aside from that. I hate the feel of anything on my face/lips, and eye makeup bothers my eyes anyway, so I don't bother wearing anything. The ONLY day I've worn makeup was my wedding day almost 2.5 years ago. I scrubbed it off as soon as possible once we returned to the hotel after the reception.

Haha it seriously felt so out of place to be scrubbing my face and washing goop out of my hair on our wedding night - definitely not what you see in the movies :cheeky:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1292022604|2793735 said:
Zoe|1292022122|2793725 said:

Haha it seriously felt so out of place to be scrubbing my face and washing goop out of my hair on our wedding night - definitely not what you see in the movies :cheeky:

Yeah, right?! Oooh, I had forgotten about hair products! I don't like to have anything in my hair either. I washed my hair right afterwards too, and I felt MUCH better.

My hairdresser knows that I don't like her to use anything when she cuts/styles my hair but sometimes she forgets. She usually only puts a small amount of this light foamy stuff in my hair (uh, mousse? I don't know!), and I can live with it, but just barely. Anything more than that, and I wash my hair as soon as possible. :bigsmile:

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I NEVER wear make up

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ladies,post some before and after pics... :appl:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most days that's me. I usually only do if I'm going out somewhere nice or if I feel like being extra pretty. I don't really think I look great without it, I just don't care, lol.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I only wear makeup for special occasions. As a kid (teens and early 20s) I wore makeup daily because of an insecurity. When I grew more secure with myself, I stopped wearing it. I'd say I'm all natural 98% of the time..maybe even 99%. Come to think of it..sometimes an entire month goes by and I didn't wear anything. With 3 kids..there aren't that many special occasions for me to wear makeup.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Maybe about a dozen times in my entire life. Speaking strictly for my self, I've always had the mindset that if someone doesn't like the face God gave me then I don't care. I'm not going to paint it for anyone else, and I don't like the way make-up feels, so I won't do it for myself either.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work from home so I dont wear makeup everyday, I do wear it if I am going somewhere nice, like out to dinner, but otherwise I dont wear it...I look like hell with it or without it so it dosent really matter much to me either way :wink2:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Octavia|1292012020|2793517 said:
Rarely. I prefer to sleep a few extra minutes in the morning.

Ditto.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire|1292024418|2793780 said:
ladies,post some before and after pics... :appl:

Ha! No way. :cheeky:

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
It's rare when I wear makeup for any reason other than the holidays. I've tried but I hate getting comments like "are you wearing makeup today?!?!" I'm not one who handles attention well. I'm going to start though because I think it looks a bit more professional.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I'm in the very rarely category. I'm really weirded out by women who are like "OMG, he can't see me without my makeup on!" Christina Aguilera has to be in that category, she looks like she's a 70 year old with pancake makeup trying to look young and failing though she is in her 20's. Makeup can definitely enhance your looks but people who overdo it on a regular basis just seem sad and insecure to me.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wear makeup when I leave the house.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Well, Kenny you are obviously not MY neighbor! You would run away screaming!

Let's all contemplate the true mystical POWER of makeup with these pics:

madonna.JPG

america.JPG

Heather Locklear.jpg

kim.JPG

iLander

Ideal_Rock
What I get out of these pics is that if you look decent without makeup, you can look stunning with it. If you look kinda, well , average without it, you can look pretty with it. Me? I'm just hoping for not freaky . . . :D

Still not convinced? More pics . . .

hilaryduff.jpg

haleberry.jpg

jenniferlopez.jpg

camerondiaz.jpg

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, I have blonde eyebrows and blonde eyelashes and very pale pink skin (I will NOT tan myself). It kind of looks freaky seeing photos of me with no makeup :errrr: and people always ask if I'm feeling okay when I don't have makeup on :sick:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lipstick, mascara, and varying depths of eyeliner are pretty much my constants. I think the best example would be the time I got food poisoning in Venice, the night before I was supposed to fly to Sweden to meet my future in-laws. My husband-to-be slept through most of it, but awoke to find me worshipping at the alter of the porcelain goddess for, like, the 20th time. After he cooed over me and fussed, he went to take a shower. When he got out, I was shakily applying my liner.

"What are you doing?" he asked, completely aghast? "The bare minimum for self-respect," I croaked.

Look, I'm a card-carrying feminist. I may be, like, the shock trooper of the feminist movement - I'm a combative professor specializing in women's literature, for gods sake. I loathe the double standard. But, frankly, I think the answer would be for men to embrace the variety and wonder of skirts and lush fabrics, and, yes, the plenitude of decorative opportunities afforded by the cosmetics industry, not for women to eschew them. Those who are happy without them? I salute you. But given that I don't feel fully dressed unless I've got a few carats of sparklies and at least one item of velvet on me somewhere ... you'll pry my war paint out of my cold, dead hands.

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
My sister doesn't wear makeup at all because she doesn't like it and can't be bothered. However, she is lucky she looks great without it. She has beautiful skin and it is flawless. She never looks washed out etc. To this day, I am yet to meet someone with such flawless even skin tone.

I am also blessed with good skin but I don't have the even tone she does so I do need some coverage for the flawless look. I prefer to keep my skin natural because I don't like the feel of foundation or powder on my skin so I avoid foundation as much as I can. However I love eye makeup. Liquid liner, eyeshadow, mascara. Love it!
The only issue is - I can't get away with wearing lots of different colours. :(

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
I wear make up because it makes me look swanking, without it I am swanking in a more subdued way :)

I wear liquid liner everyday to make my lashes look awesome lol.

Honestly, I just love to dress up :love:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1292035268|2793922 said:
Look, I'm a card-carrying feminist. I may be, like, the shock trooper of the feminist movement - I'm a combative professor specializing in women's literature, for gods sake. I loathe the double standard. But, frankly, I think the answer would be for men to embrace the variety and wonder of skirts and lush fabrics, and, yes, the plenitude of decorative opportunities afforded by the cosmetics industry, not for women to eschew them. Those who are happy without them? I salute you. But given that I don't feel fully dressed unless I've got a few carats of sparklies and at least one item of velvet on me somewhere ... you'll pry my war paint out of my cold, dead hands.

This = awesome.

I don't see makeup as a feminist issue, and I certainly don't think people who wear makeup every day are less feminist than myself. It's just a choice...kinda like choosing to wear 5-inch heels instead of flats (LOVE my heels!). EVERYONE looks better with makeup (different people to varying degrees), just a matter of how much effort you want to put into it. As for me, I'd rather sleep the extra 5 minutes! Plus, it irritates my eyes.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Never have worn it, never will. I've been told I have great skin, so really don't need it.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I'm about 70/30. Nothing at all, or eyeliner & mascara, lipliner and and nude color + gloss.

Mostly, I'm lazy. *shrugs*

reader

Brilliant_Rock
The official answer I always give when asked why I don't wear makeup is that it causes my roseacea to flare up.
Yes, it will get worse with makeup, and isn't worth the skin irritation, but I also feel absolutely horrible about myself when I wear it. I feel really unattractive with it on, and it makes me want to hide.
Love my diamonds, love soft fabrics. I feel wholly wretched in makeup and can't get the concept of walking in heels.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I wish I was the type, but I have rather shallow-set eyes (Asian eyes) and I always wear a bit of smudged eyeliner on my upper lids for definition. I can get away with just that, but I also usually prefer a bit of eyeshadow and my Make-Up Forever HD powder (it's translucent) for matte. And chapstick.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gladly go to work or run errands when I'm off in everyday life without makeup. But when I'm actually going out with my FI, I use all sorts of products and love to do so! I like hair product and I love to fix my hair with hot tools like flat irons or curling irons or both, and I love to use makeup and perfume, layer body washes, lotions, etc. I like to feel like a girl! I'm just now realizing that I'm in my early 30's though, and I have sort of a weird double standard going on!

For instance: I won't wear much makeup to work (just mascara and lip gloss, maybe a little bronzer/blush.) But at night if we go "out" I will crank up the makup a few notches and do my eyes with shadow, liner, more mascara, brush my eyebrows, curl my eyelashes, add a darker lipstick/lipstain.

But I look around at people or friends with whom we are out, and I notice that either they haven't put on ANY makeup, or they've gone all out trying to achieve that "night" look! Either way it seems unnatural, I guess? I don't like to see women totally bare faced, but on the other hand, I hate to see them super made up.

I try to find a happy medium...I haven't had anything "done" yet as far as botox or surgery, but I'm sure I will one of these days. My friends who've finished having children are already starting! That won't be my reason (keeping up with my friends) but when I get to looking in the mirror and discovering little things that could be easily "taken care of" you bet your ass I will be calling Dr. Whosennwhat for a consult! Heck, I already am plucking out the grays and hating every minute I spend in the bathroom doing so!

ETA: ilander I appreciate those before and after pics, but come ON. those are the WORST pics compared to some of the BEST pics and those people have stylists...while it is nice to see that celebrities have flaws, I think those photos are comparing apples to vacuums.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I rarely wear make-up. I do have a great, albeit small, make-up collection with appropriate tools, so I can glam it up when I want to.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results