shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a typical wedding dress size stores carry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I typically wear anywhere from a size 4 to size 8 in dresses. Is there a typical size of dress that most bridal boutiques carry? Just curious how well the store samples will fit me.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Most boutiques that I have visited had dresses ranging in size from 6 to 12, with the majority of the dresses I saw being around size 8. Wedding dress sizing usually runs smaller than street size, and they have lots of clips and things to pull in extra fabric if the dress is too big. It won''t look perfect but you should be able to get a sense of how the dress would fit if it were in the correct size.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
seconding Liane. And wedding dress sizing is often 2-6 sizes smaller than your street size so don''t freak out if it''s different
3.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
6-10 probably.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Most of the salons I went to carried only size 10''s, which should be fine on somebody who usually wears a 4-8. One salon I went to had a huge range of sizes, from 2 to 14, which was actually really frustrating - I couldn''t be sure if any one dress would be something I could even get over my hips. What is the point of a sample dress in a size 2? That''s like a 0 street! Fortunately, at least for me it seemed more common for a salon to carry one sample size only.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 1:25:42 PM
Author: ts44
Most of the salons I went to carried only size 10''s, which should be fine on somebody who usually wears a 4-8. One salon I went to had a huge range of sizes, from 2 to 14, which was actually really frustrating - I couldn''t be sure if any one dress would be something I could even get over my hips. What is the point of a sample dress in a size 2? That''s like a 0 street! Fortunately, at least for me it seemed more common for a salon to carry one sample size only.
A bunch of us actually wear 0 street. I wish I''d had more 2s to try on.
2.gif

My biggest problem was that a lot of the dresses I wanted to try on were only in size 12 samples for some reason. I ended up blind-ordering a dress I''d never tried on. But it was still fun to look at all the dresses before that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results