shape
carat
color
clarity

Is my ring to flat?

mrogers831

Rough_Rock
IMG_4503.JPG IMG_4504.JPG RenderedImage.JPG
I feel like my new ring is too flat. I wanted the diamond set low enough that there would not be a gap between the halo and the diamond but I feel like it too low. What are your thoughts? Do you have a low profile ring that you love? Do you wish your ring was higher?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ultimately it is entirely your personal taste and choice :))

If you want the centre stone higher, you could ask for it to be made higher, but you would also increase the risk of smacking it on something by accident (and you would have the gap you did not want!).

If you have an amount of time to make changes before a 'trial period' expires, I would make the vendor aware now that you are not sure about it and will need to wear it for a while to see how you feel and if your initial impressions change - that way, if it does still bug you a bit towards the end of the trial period, you can let them know and they won't be surprised to hear it. :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can we please see a profile view?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't look too flat IMO, it is definitely low profile and that can be a good thing as it will be less likely to catch on things and be somewhat less prone to damage. The real question is do you like it? Nothing wrong with low profile as long as you like the look!

It's hard to tell from the pic but just make sure that there is ample space between the E-ring and your band, you don't want it to rub against the underside of the other ring.

Beautiful rings btw!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very low, but it's perfectly lovely! As @OoohShiny says, it all comes down to personal taste and what YOU like.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, you're truly the only one that can decide especially if this bugs you. Is your rings rubbing? if they are, then def. lift the head some.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is low but I prefer low.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do not think it is too flat

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's perfect!

mrogers831

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the feedback. I am in my 30 day window so I can still change it if I need to. My fear is that I will switch rings and then like this one better. I know I definitely prefer the zero gap under the diamond. I think I will give it a few more days before I make a decision.

mrogers831

Rough_Rock
OP, you're truly the only one that can decide especially if this bugs you. Is your rings rubbing? if they are, then def. lift the head some.
No the wedding band is below my engagement ring but they do not touch.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I love low profile rings and when I have rings made I am always encouraging them to go lower. I bang my higher rings on things all the time but my low ones not so much. So I like it. But it’s what you like that matters, since it’s your ring.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I like the low profile as well. I'm a klutz and even with the low prong set that I have, I have knocked my ring against hard surfaces many times!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results