shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it worth the extra cost to pay for ideal cut .25 or .33 ct total weight earrings?

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
I am considering buying a small pair of diamond earrings, either .25 ct total weight or .33 ct total weight. Is it worth the extra cost to get an ideal cut pair? Or will a pair from etsy look just the same? Anyone with experience please advise. Thank you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you ever think you'll want to go up in size? One benefit with super ideals (besides the cut) is that most of the vendors have
easy upgrade policies.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me, yes

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would. I can see a difference.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TBH, if you clean your earrings basically ever, they'll probably be more sparkly than most peoples lol. Earrings get majorly ignored by the majority of the population (not on PS of course ;-) ), so you'll already be miles ahead even if you had non-ideal cut diamonds.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it would be worth it to me to get super ideals, but that's me. It may not be worth it to you.

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Do you ever think you'll want to go up in size? One benefit with super ideals (besides the cut) is that most of the vendors have
easy upgrade policies.

Hmmm, that's true. I hadn't thought of that.

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everybody, that's what I needed to know. I wasn't sure on diamonds this small if you would be able to tell. But if ya'll can see a difference then there must be one. I do want them to glimmer as much as possible so I will go with the ideals. Thank you!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results