shape
carat
color
clarity

IS IT WORTH IT???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

YMA

Shiny_Rock
I am in the process of upgrading my center stone, right know I have 2.02 radiant J SI2 and have on hold a 3c Princess I SI1 which @ $6200.00 more.

Is this 1 carat. color, clarity & cut upgrade worth it, my DH is wrestling with this and I need help convincing him:)

Input PLEASE! Any honest replies would be appreciated.

I was gonna upgrade to a 2.68 radiant for about the same price but they sold it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would make sure it''s what you really want. If what you wanted was a radiant, I would wait for one that I really liked instead of just purchasing a princess. However, if what you want is a princess than that''s another story. I really can''t tell whether the price is worth it based on so few information, but the jump from a 2 carat to a 3 carat is large and 6k doesn''t sound that large.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
color/clarity alone would not be worth it to me because you can''t really see a difference there. for me to shell out $$$ i would want to see a SIZE difference (not just weight!)
2.gif

YMA

Shiny_Rock
Belle,

I went to see it and it is noticable size different, and actually a noticable color difference to me and hubby.

It''s not a squarish princess, it''s shaped more like a radiant which is why I like it.

I think the measurements are 8.28 x 7.11 x 5.57, my current measurements are 7.86 X 6.30 X (?) I Don''t remember the last part.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2006 2:54:35 PM
Author: YMA
Belle,

I went to see it and it is noticable size different, and actually a noticable color difference to me and hubby.

It''s not a squarish princess, it''s shaped more like a radiant which is why I like it.

I think the measurements are 8.28 x 7.11 x 5.57, my current measurements are 7.86 X 6.30 X (?) I Don''t remember the last part.
Yeah, that mm difference is huge. You would notice it. But is the faceting of the princess what you want? I understand that the size and shape are what you want. Very important. But when you look down at the stone you will notice the facet pattern. Is it what you want?

YMA

Shiny_Rock
Stonehunter,

The princess stone was beautiful, and yes I did like the facet look of the princess. I am just trying to convince my DH the $6200.00 is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results