shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it safe to wash your ring in the washing machine?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moly!
6.gif

I was just pulling clothes out of the dryer when I heard a "ping!" I looked on the floor (ceramic tile, no less) and there was my sapphire/diamond ring.

I vaguely remember putting it into my blue jean pocket yesterday before I came downstairs. We went walking/hiking in the woods yesterday and when we got home I just threw my muddy jeans in the laundry room.

I really need to be more careful, duh! The thing is, I rarely wear my rings at home, but I do like to look at them. And I like to keep them on the first floor so I can put them on before I leave the house. But if I have them on at bedtime, I put them in the bathroom on top of the bath salts container. In the morning, if I''m not going out, instead of putting them on, I often just put them in my pocket until I get downstairs and I put them on the ring holder or computer printer then. Also, I usually put on hand cream right before I come downstairs so even if I am going out, I''m not ready to put my rings on until the hand cream dries.

Anyway, I checked it thoroughly with my loupe and it looks okay. Vatche may be overpriced, but I guess they make a strong product!

I was thinking of how Ame freaks out all the time and inspects her ring. She probably would have had a cardiac if hers went through the washer and dryer, lol.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg, you are so lucky!! I''m the same way as soon as I get home I take my rings off and put them on my ring holder. I''m glad your ring is ok!!
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 3:52:56 PM
Author:Patty
Holy Moly!
6.gif

I was just pulling clothes out of the dryer when I heard a ''ping!'' I looked on the floor (ceramic tile, no less) and there was my sapphire/diamond ring.

I vaguely remember putting it into my blue jean pocket yesterday before I came downstairs. We went walking/hiking in the woods yesterday and when we got home I just threw my muddy jeans in the laundry room.

I really need to be more careful, duh! The thing is, I rarely wear my rings at home, but I do like to look at them. And I like to keep them on the first floor so I can put them on before I leave the house. But if I have them on at bedtime, I put them in the bathroom on top of the bath salts container. In the morning, if I''m not going out, instead of putting them on, I often just put them in my pocket until I get downstairs and I put them on the ring holder or computer printer then. Also, I usually put on hand cream right before I come downstairs so even if I am going out, I''m not ready to put my rings on until the hand cream dries.

Anyway, I checked it thoroughly with my loupe and it looks okay. Vatche may be overpriced, but I guess they make a strong product!

I was thinking of how Ame freaks out all the time and inspects her ring. She probably would have had a cardiac if hers went through the washer and dryer, lol.

You''d never see me again, Id be dead and buried.

I take my ring off and immediately put it in either cleaner or the ring box. I am so anal. We were doing the do-it-yourself plumbing for our stupid garbage disposal and it was off for that but I had putty all over me and washed my hands like 5 times and it still felt on and I stupidly put my finger on myring to put it in the cleaning jar (stupid me) and spend 15 minutes scrubbing it to clean it in case. I inspected it earlier today and it looked clean but Im sure Ill redo the cycle in a few hours. Just wait till Iget my band

My god...Id die Patty.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t feel bad ame, I''m the same way. It''s insane I know, but I would just about have a stroke if anything happened to my ring or my new eternity band ring. You''re not alone, thank god Patty''s ring is ok!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Regina would be King Crab bait if anything ever happened to her rings...
21.gif

Consider yourself lucky...

Picture of Alaska King Crab''s
6.gif

kingcrabfinal.JPG

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Patty,

I''ve got to say that is one of the most unique ways to clean you ring!

17.gif
11.gif
12.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Yes, websailer, it''s unique but it got very clean! It did have a bit of lint on it from the dryer though.

Josh, I decided not to mention this to my husband. He has this irrational feeling that I''m not careful enough with my fings.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results