shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it me or is it Coach??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
My MIL gave me a gift cert for Coach. I have been to the stores a couple times and cannot find anything to buy. I kind of liked their new gloves but the largest size was too small for me, especially with my rings on!
2.gif

So, is it me, or does Coach have some pretty odd new styles going on? Any thoughts welcome - are people still into Coach?? Any receommendations of a cute style bag?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
There recently was another thread about Coach.

Personally, I do not like the new handbags and logo items they sell. Way back when, in my 20s, I had the cutest small black leather purse by them that was quality made and NOT from China. Now everything is made there and too many younger women are carrying around the trendy models, so I'm completely turned off by them.

(oh, but if you do have a gift card, I'd stick with the classic styles rather than the logo ones, which are just too popular and I bet will look dated before long.)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not a fan of what''s carried in the Coach store itself, but I find that the outlet carries more classic bags.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...I'm glad to see this thread. My daughter dragged me into a Coach store. (I don't do designer handbags.) I really couldn't see the point. I am glad to know that once there were some different ones. In the 1970's when I was first married, I was into Etienne Aigner leather bags, boots, and shoes. I tried to match the shoes/boots to my bag (European style). He did a lot with burgundy colored leather, which I loved. All the pieces in that color leather matched.

Nowadays I carry the same cloth Vera Bradley purse through all seasons no matter what I am wearing.

Deb
34.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree to a point. Even three years ago I liked their styles quite a bit, but the new stuff in general... not as much.

One big exception: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the legacy satchel in whiskey. I want it BADLY!

But yeah, their more "fashionable" stuff is kinda not-so-cute lately.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2007 3:28:28 PM
Author:Beacon
My MIL gave me a gift cert for Coach. I have been to the stores a couple times and cannot find anything to buy. I kind of liked their new gloves but the largest size was too small for me, especially with my rings on!
2.gif

So, is it me, or does Coach have some pretty odd new styles going on? Any thoughts welcome - are people still into Coach?? Any receommendations of a cute style bag?
It's too bad their gloves don't fit you. I have a pair of Coach leather gloves that I love. They're very high quality and wear well. I've had my leather coach satchel for couple of years now and it still looks new, so I think I'm still into coach
1.gif

Can you use your gift cert in the outlet? I think the suggestion to look there is great. They tend to carry the more classic styles there and at lower prices.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got the cutest coach at the outlet for $130. It is pebble, tan leather with chocolate leather strap. I think it is a very classic look. I agree it is hit or miss but there is usually SOMETHING I can find (if forced
2.gif
). Their watches are cute if you need a new one. I think Gypsy just got one from there.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t know your style at all but i did see a purse in the coach outlet last friday that i thought was a nice looking bag. i think it would be really cute with jeans. it was 799 on sale for 399. the sa told me they had just gotten these in. i preferred the brown (maybe called tobacco) but it is also available in black.

there were two similar styles chelsea lace leather sachtel 10972 and chelsea lace leather abbey 10971. i googled those descriptions and was able to find pics. hth. don''t know if it is your style but you might take a peek.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Looks like I better hit the outlet. Man, there are none near me - one in Napa, 75 miles, another in Carmel, 120 miles. However both of those are very nice places to visit!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon, are you in the Bay area? There''s one in Vacaville.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Did you look online? I find that when I''m in the store I have a hard time finding something I like, but online...I never have a problem keeping my wishlist updated. Right now, I absolutely love the new items they''ve brought back with the turnlock - I think the classic pieces are the best (I agree, I don''t like the bags that are clearly made just to be for "this season"). The turnlock wristlet is on my Xmas list - it''s in the Chelsea line, which has fab bags also. If I had some serious $ to spend, I''d go for an Ergo bag. What about thinking outside the bag? I''d looooove a pair of the Adora pumps or a pair of classic boots. Or one of the cashmere scarves on and I''m a fan of the legacy framed french purse. Hmmm...I think I named everything on the wishlist
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know about Coach for me....this summer I was considering the Carly because I liked the signature look with the funky brass strap, but when I tried it on irl it just wasn''t me, ya know? I see them all the time on others and I love the way they look (on others, hee hee) but they''re just not "me." Maybe I have some mental block b/c they seem so ubiquitous, or because my teenage nieces have them, or whatever, but that doesn''t mean I don''t LIKE them...I just don''t dig the way they look on me like I dig the way they look on other people.

I like the leather Legacy styles for sure, and the Carly''s. I even like the large Signature totes (without the Sig. stripe, it screams "circa 2007" to me for some reason, and I like a bag that won''t seem "dated" for a few years at least.) Also, the patchwork holiday and fall ones have sort of bugged me the past couple years...same with D&B''s scribble and doodle patterns. But maybe it''s just me, lol!
3.gif
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Doesn''t Coach have a clothing line as well as bags and accessories? Maybe your GC could be used in that respect....

cheers--Sharon

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I have been to the outlet in Napa - it had a great selection at least the time I went!
I was in another coach outlet a few weeks ago and was so frustrated - they had this beautiful brown tote, perfect for fall, but the big size was too big and the smaller size was too small! I went back twice to look at it (the color and style were just what I wanted) but I thought the size would just drive me crazy!
I agree that the latest styles are too trendy. When I was in college I thought Coach symbolized the highest quality, the best leather, and I decided I would buy one as soon as I got my first job (which I did - and went on to buy one or two every year since, so I have a pretty good collection now). Now though, I see Coach as a more trendy brand. The more I see the high school and college girls sporting their brightly colored coach logo bags, the less I feel like buying more Coach!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I am not a fan of all the new logo designs. I have a black leatehr bag from them. Its really nice, but the leather is so heavy. Once I put my things in it, the bag weighs a ton.

I do have a cute black hat that I like to wear in the winter

and ages agoa bought a tiny little black demi pocuh. i use it when i travel or go out on the town. Its always coming in handy, I love it!

Coach also has some cute watches!

Happy Shopping!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I kinda prefer Dooney and Bourke over Coach. LV will always have my heart though.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few weeks ago I saw a woman walking down the street with THE CUTEST red bag. I sidled over to her while we were waiting for the light to change and snuck a peek--it was coach. That is the first Coach thing I''ve seen in a while that has caught my attention at all. I checked it out in the store and it''s $398, but I just got a coupon for 25% off so I''m *thinking* about it. The sad thing is I have at least half a dozen purses of this ilk (big enough to put a file folder in--one of my MAIN criteria--in the $200-$500 range) that I don''t feel like I carry all that much anyway so I am really undecided about it. If only it came in olive green...
2.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I just bought my first coach bag. It was only $100 after a super sale at the outlet and a gift card I had. Generally I agree that they new stuff is pretty uninspired, and I just do not get spending $$$ for signature nylon! My new bag is off-white, pebbled with nickle hardware and looks pretty un-coach. The only give-away is the hang tag.

Fun fact, most of the BR bags are made in the same factory as some leather coach bags. Sure enough, my $70 BR bag in olive pebble leather look a whole lot like my coach white pebbled leather, what do you think? Just a little something to consider...

bagcompare374.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beacon, it was this one, but it looks more brown than red on my screen for some reason. link

What a good deal you got on that bag Mercoledi!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 1:11:10 PM
Author: Beacon
I think I know the one: a Carly in the color Chili. Nordstrom's was featuring it in an ad they sent me. Cute bag, especially nice for winter.

This one?

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=9086&category_id=889

I think it's cute. It might be heavy with all that hardware, but I kinda like it.
Beacon, I like that! I really like coach for the craftsmanship. I have purses that are 10 years old or older and look perfect. I like the one you posted the link too. They have nice leather jackets too!

DeeJay, I got a 25% off coupon too and I was thinking about checking out what they have. hehee

Mercoledi, I love your new bags; I bought my mom one last year for her bday.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
OK ladies, fess up, where are these coupons coming from??? I admit I am still a big Coach fan, I got the CUTEST little wristlet for my birthday.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I had a Coach bag a couple years back that I LOVED, it was one of their holiday patchworks and I always got a lot of compliments on it. Skip ahead to now and the bag wasn''t holding up like I thought it should so I sent it in for repair and they ended up keeping it and sending me a credit for about $430. At first I was excited to get a brand new bag, but it''s been at least 6 months or more and I haven''t been able to find anything I like. I''m waiting to see if I like anything from the holiday collections, but it''s been tough to find something cute and classic that''s not too trendy and will go out of style. I''m a total purse nut and probably spend way more than I should on bags, but I also like to buy ones that will last forever. I have a really simple, classic LV in the original brown leather monogram and I love it, it won''t ever be out of style (I hope).

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2007 8:46:56 PM
Author: Beacon
Looks like I better hit the outlet. Man, there are none near me - one in Napa, 75 miles, another in Carmel, 120 miles. However both of those are very nice places to visit!
Where are you located? There''s one in Gilroy at the outlets and that''s somewhere in between Napa and Carmel. I''m on the Central Coast and only about 20 minutes from there.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 5:16:19 PM
Author: Miscka
OK ladies, fess up, where are these coupons coming from??? I admit I am still a big Coach fan, I got the CUTEST little wristlet for my birthday.
Sign up at their stores or website for their mailing list. They mail you out little coach catalogs. I did not get a catalog but a coupon this time. HTH

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''m really not a huge Coach fan, especially the logo products. It is just too much for me. I did buy a very plain watch from there a few years ago that I still love although my vintage watch has replaced it for most everyday wear. Maybe go for a new wallet?

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a 25% off too!

Beacon - I just went down to the Gilroy outlet last weekend to get my mom a coach bag for Christmas. It''s all brown leather and not too Coachy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results