shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it JUST ME????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to be married!
14.gif

And I really wish it were sooner than Novermber!
I keep procrastinating the wedding planning. It''s the last thing I feel like doing!
I may need to delegate everything to my FI because I...

Really

Just

Don''t

Care!

Thankfully this isn''t "real" wedding since its a DW. The necessary plannigng is actually quite minimal - send am email then pay for it.

Anyone else "just not that into it"???

Maybe I''ll snap out of it.....
23.gif

gls

Shiny_Rock
Im in the same boat! Im just over all the planning and the stress and I have barely started!!
I feel as though the whole process is just causing tension between myself and my parents and myself and my fiance
15.gif

so i just wish the day would come already and we can just get married!!!

I know how you feel
14.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so nervous, too nervous to want to hurry it up I guess! Although, my brother and his FI/GF feel your pain! They have only been dating 9 months and have insisted on getting married this April! (Much to my dismay...) So no, it''s most certainly not just you!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
We eloped because we were so sick of the drama with his family, my family and the you have to invite so and so but we're not giving you extra money to help out. So I can understand just wanting to be married and have the day over with
1.gif
Then it's off to enjoy newlywed life
9.gif

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 4:47:53 PM
Author:Pushin40
14.gif

I keep procrastinating the wedding planning. It''s the last thing I feel like doing!

Really

Just

Don''t

Care!

Thankfully this isn''t ''real'' wedding since its a DW. The necessary plannigng is actually quite minimal - send am email then pay for it.

Anyone else ''just not that into it''???

23.gif

LOL you sound like me. Don''t worry. It''ll be here and done before you know it!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ladies!

You know - in a weird way, I think starting this post yesterday kind of gave me a psychological kick in the butt and I woke up this morning and decided its time to get in gear! I mean, I''ve been waiting for my wedding for SO LONG!

Seriosuly - I don''t have that much to do....

I wasn''t even going to do Save The Dates or invitations, but seriously it''s not big deal.

i justt ordered personalized napkins (flip flops and the kissing fish) and bubble tubes from theknot.com a few minutes agoi! CUTE!!

I think I''m on a roll....

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 4:47:53 PM
Author:Pushin40
14.gif

Really

Just

Don''t

Care!

Thankfully this isn''t ''real'' wedding since its a DW. The necessary plannigng is actually quite minimal - send am email then pay for it.

Anyone else ''just not that into it''???

23.gif
Big fat freaking ditto! I''m SOOOOOO OVER IT! I''m having a DW too and I feel exactly the same!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I was the same way! While I enjoyed planning the wedding (kind of), I was really ready for us to just be married.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I totally know what you mean. We got engaged on New Years, and two weeks later, I had my venue, vendors, and dress picked out, and I was all excited. But now, I have so many little decisions to make and so many details to figure out, and I just don't even want to think about it. I just want it to be August 6th already, so I can be married and go on a trip with my husband and move into his house!

ETA: I think that is why I have been getting on here more often lately - to try to get me motivated by other people's planning.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
NO. it is not just you. i feel exactly the same way, and i''m two months out. i''ve been engaged since LAST valentine''s day and still haven''t really gotten into the wedding plans. thank goodness for my mother, who just retired. she is so into it. she loves planning and all.

ilikesparkles

Rough_Rock
Big fat DITTO. I want the marriage, not the wedding. The planning and preparations have been an ongoing challenge for me. I also procrastinated with my planning because I just didn''t want to deal with it. In the beginning it was also hard because I felt like a freak bride for not caring about the wedding planning. Here''s a little blog I found made me see I was not alone...

http://www.apracticalwedding.com/2010/01/not-loving-your-wedding.html

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
100% co-sign, but glad you are feeling less ''over it'' today.
1.gif

We are getting married privately, just the two of us, and all I really need to figure out is location, photographer, officiant, hotel and food... basically like any other weekend away, plus a white dress, and I''m one million times over just the thought of it. I really never wanted to go to a courthouse, but these days, I''m thinking, yeah, that could really work... how lazy is that? I sometimes just have a hard time justifying spending $1,500 just to go away for the weekend and take some pictures... I mean, for a little more, we could do a destination wedding like you guys are! *eyeroll*

I would just push the date up, but we''re getting married on our anniversary, so it''s not really flexible, lol.

My mom, thank god, is planning the reception. I really couldn''t care less about the details, and the party is for FI and our families...

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Same here. Our wedding is also a destination wedding and I am just ready for it to be here already. It''s been really stressful saving and I can''t wait until it''s over and we can breathe a little easier. It''s hard to save so much money for 1 day when all I''m really focused on is the marriage. I can''t wait for us to start a family and start being a family with just the two of us. FI is very focused on the wedding and it''s great because he''s been a big help. But sometimes it''s overwhelming to know that every detail you add to the day just means more $$$. I''m ready...less than 4 months! Let''s get on with it!

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
I agree! Wedding planning was very exciting at first, but once you get the big, fun decisions out of the way you realize that for everything you''ve checked off your list there are 10 more to deal with!! Fortunately, we planned a relatively short (8.5 month) engagement, so while those months will be packed and busy, we''ll get to the actual marriage sooner!

~Happy Cat

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
We actually have a little over 8 months left until our wedding and I''ve booked most of our major vendors.My fiance and I actually have fun with the little things like picking our cake topper lol.Overall though I just want it to be done,because it''s time consuming.I just want to be married!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
What I am over is explaining or justifiying to people with horrified looks on their faces why we are ''eloping''.
20.gif
29.gif
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results