shape
carat
color
clarity

is internet shopping that easy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i am new. stumbled upon this searching for answers and to my surprise and dismay i could have saved a lot of time had i started here. thanks so much.

my story is this: my bf and i have decided to get engaged and i only have about 3000 to spend. i LOVE radiant cut diamonds and want to get the most bang for the buck. i am concerned because i cannot see diamonds online (for clarity and color purposes), but am told that stores are over priced. i feel that i dont know what route to take and would really appreciate expert advice. please and thank you.
32.gif

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
I don't think relying just on internet shopping or offline shopping exclusively is a good idea. While online sellers often give better prices you're always better to shop both so you get a good idea of what you want and what a fair price is.

You should check out diamonds in stores to get a feel for what color/clarity/size is acceptable for you, and also so you can see variations between diamond grading labs. And you should also shop online and compare prices. Demand that your seller whether online or offline give you the very best service and value and shop where you're most comfortable.

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

“Money demands that you sell, not your weakness to men's stupidity, but your talent to their reason.” - Ayn Rand

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
thank you. i am so afraid of choosing something online and hating it because of my own ignorance.
any advice on what shapes would look good next to a radiant for 3 stone purposes?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2008 8:11:52 PM
Author: radiantquest
thank you. i am so afraid of choosing something online and hating it because of my own ignorance.
any advice on what shapes would look good next to a radiant for 3 stone purposes?
Hi RQ!

Some of the vendors here have in house diamonds, and they can send you detailed photographs and other images to help you find a lovely radiant. So if you did decide that buying online is an option, there is a good possibility it could work well for you.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Depending on your area, you may have the best of both worlds as far as internet shopping goes. I started off with a PS vendor, realized they were within driving distance of where I lived, and DH and I were able to go see everything in person. Maybe you are near a PS vendor?
Regardless, you will def. get more bang for your buck with a PS Vendor than in the stores. Plus, a lot of stores don''t have anything with near the quality you will find through these vendors.
That being said, I think a great side-stone for a radiant is... MORE radiants. Yum! Also, have you considered a halo? I have a friend who has a radiant with a halo, and it is GORGEOUS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results