shape
carat
color
clarity

IS Image

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Storm or any other experts,

can you please tell me whether the white around the bottom circle indicates leak:
/images/site/d_lost.jpgage?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
image didnt post
try renaming it to 1megeveIS

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Storm, sorry. Here it is:

IS_AGS-10222003.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good Meg! The little white areas you see around the outer part of the diamond are controlled leakage, this can aid desirable visual properties in the diamond and enhance contrast and scintillation. Tad bit of leakage at the bottom but I don't think the eye would detect it.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has a little more than normal partial leakage but not enough to hurt anything. (see arrow)
Post the heart image and the angles off the grading report please.

1IS_AGS-10222003.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the Aset

AST_AGS-10222003.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Heres the heart image.

CA: 34.6
PA: 40.8

What I don''t understand is, when I started looking last year, all IS images are all red dark red, but starting this year, I have seen a few IS images with such white area leakages. I thought in ACA selection, one gets only super performance stones???

H_AGS-10222003.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 1:46:05 PM
Author: megeve
Heres the heart image.

CA: 34.6
PA: 40.8

What I don't understand is, when I started looking last year, all IS images are all red dark red, but starting this year, I have seen a few IS images with such white area leakages. I thought in ACA selection, one gets only super performance stones???
I wonder if what you were seeing was New Line ( all red) versus Classic Line ( leakage points) in the ACA range...Nowadays you normally see just Classic Line, both are top cuts, just different styles.

This thread shows a New Line and a Classic IS.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/idealscope-question-what-is-perfect.35292/

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hearts look good.
There always has been a slight amount of leakage over the lower girdles allowed.
It just isn''t seen very often.
In this case it isn''t enough to matter....

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei,
Thanks for the link. It makes very interesting reading, I am discovering something new everyday. New Line and Classic Line!

Storm,
You think its just okay, should I pass and look for better? I just don''t want to have the feel that this stone is actually for the expert selection but just made it to ACA ''cos there are a few more I could look at.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 2:10:36 PM
Lorelei,

Thanks for the link. It makes very interesting reading, I am discovering something new everyday. New Line and Classic Line!

Storm,

You think its just okay, should I pass and look for better? I just don''t want to have the feel that this stone is actually for the expert selection but just made it to ACA ''cos there are a few more I could look at.
It is a mind clean issue not a quality issue as such.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 2:10:36 PM
Lorelei,

Storm,
You think its just okay, should I pass and look for better? I just don't want to have the feel that this stone is actually for the expert selection but just made it to ACA 'cos there are a few more I could look at.
Most welcome! I think the diamond will be fine and will not lack anything, if you have doubts though keep looking.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Its not so much a mind clean issue. Its more like, if I am going to pay premium for ACA, I might as well look for a real top performance stone without any sign of leakage however minimum :)
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 2:45:27 PM
Its not so much a mind clean issue. Its more like, if I am going to pay premium for ACA, I might as well look for a real top performance stone without any sign of leakage however minimum :)
2.gif
I understand!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/4/2009 2:45:27 PM
2.gif
Honestly? If they put new batteries in the backlight setup on the day those images were shot it could explain the light area.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
John,
You think the problem is only with the new batteries in the backlight setup? This is not the only IS I have seen which has the light area, I have seen 2 others - so I was abit confused!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
40.8/34.6, the hearts which show cut consistency and the impeccable ASET don''t lie. The IS is a bit harsh here in my opinion.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think there is slight partial leakage in that area but it isn''t enough to bother anything.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/4/2009 6:26:25 PM
Author: strmrdr

I think there is slight partial leakage in that area but it isn''t enough to bother anything.

Buying is a scary process and sometimes shoppers will focus on the first part of your sentence rather than the second which is more important in the big picture. I''m also not convinced it isn''t more about the setup than the diamond in this case.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 6:45:23 PM
Author: John Pollard
Date: 3/4/2009 6:26:25 PM

Author: strmrdr

Buying is a scary process and sometimes shoppers will focus on the first part of your sentence rather than the second which is more important in the big picture. I''m also not convinced it isn''t more about the setup than the diamond in this case.
Just for you I will turn it around,,,,
It isn''t enough to bother anything but I think there is slight partial leakage in that area.
If the ASET didn''t agree I would say maybe to the idea it was the setup.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The images which are all black and red in the New Line range were like this because they were painted. GIA downgraded painted stones to Very Good for Symmetry as a highest possible grade. I don't know if this would be the reason as ACA are all graded by AGS but may be a reason we don't see New Line stones anymore. All the classic line have the white dots and white outer edges on the idealscopes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results