shape
carat
color
clarity

Is anyone else getting stuck on just ONE stupid issue?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
*grumbly post*

I cannot for the life of me find the right ketubah, posts to the contrary notwithstanding, FI or my parents hated everything I picked.

This is starting to become an obsession with me. I want to order it before 3/15 and am running out of time like mad.

Does anyone else feel hung up on any of their wedding details?

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I got stuck for months on setting up appointments with and booking a florist. MONTHS. I finally signed a contract on Monday, less than 10 weeks before my wedding.

A ketubah is a hard thing! It''s a piece of art that you will have in your home forever, it''s ok to take a lot of time picking one out.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry to hear you''re having difficulty choosing a ketubah. Has your FI had any suggestions as to what he would like?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I wish I only had ONE issue that was hanging me up. Instead, I can''t decide on invitations and keep going back forth, if I want to use all yellow and white flowers or branch into other colors, how to wear my hair, who to use as our officiant, what to serve at the reception, which kind of cake we want, where to go on a honeymoon, which dresses I want the flower girls to wear, and the list goes on and on. And sadly, each of the issues seem like a really big deal and is turning me into a crazy person :) So I do know what you mean about obsessing about something.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
For me it was invitations NONE were good enough for me. DH and I looked everywhere and met with everyone and none were even remotely something I''d consider. DH finally got annoyed and said if these invitations are good enough for 90% of the population they should be good enough for me, so I relinquished invitations to him. Right after that though I accidently came across a gorgeous set of invites when I was looking for thank you cards at crane and we ordered those.

Good luck on your search! Maybe you should just have your FI pick it out?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Yes!!!!!!!
My SIL! First was a HUGE issue back in November with flower girls, which I posted here, then it moved to their dresses last month, and this month, she''s insanely pissed that her 7 year old flower girl will not be carrying a BM bouquet (to the point where I was told "all hell will break loose" on wedding day if there is no bouquet for her kid).
She''s so controlling and b***hy that I literally had to call the florist to put a security word on my file that will be asked when people call about the order (namely mom, my aunt and myself). She knows the florist (who the he** knows how??) and I would not put it past her to call them, imitate me, and change the order to have a bouquet for her daughter. And I am 110% serious.
29.gif
29.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 1:49:58 PM
Author:shertz1981
*grumbly post*

I cannot for the life of me find the right ketubah, posts to the contrary notwithstanding, FI or my parents hated everything I picked.

This is starting to become an obsession with me. I want to order it before 3/15 and am running out of time like mad.

Is FI artistic? If so, maybe he would like to sketch some ideas and you can have a custom design.

If he isn''t artistic, maybe he can find a bunch of pictures or designs he likes and you can send them to an artist to design it for you.

The ketubah is probably the most important detail. You''re going to have it hanging in your house forever. No upgrades. No resettings. No touch ups.
Keep looking/sketching/whatever until there is a ketubah you both like.

ilikesparkles

Rough_Rock
Oh yes. My lastest hang up was my dress not fitting right. I knew it didn''t fit right, but I was kind of stuck on what to do about it. I think I was actually hoping it would somehow take care of itself. Finally, I had it altered.

There have been other planning hang ups too. Luckily, usually FI or family will step in and help move things along.
1.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock

A ketubah is so personal that I really think the only people who should have an opinion are yourself and your FI.

This isn''t like mom and dad not liking the color of your flowers, or whether the bridesmaids should have short or long dresses. This is YOUR marriage contract.

Mommy and Daddy need to step aside on this one IMO.

38.gif

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
Mine was invitations. I had something specific in mind and hired a designer to do custom invites. The woman was awful- so difficult to work with. Of course I only discovered this after I gave a 50% deposit. After it made me completely miserable DF said to find someone else and he would cover the deposit. Luckily she did end up giving it back to us.

I am using Hello Lucky now and they are fantastic.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 2:39:58 PM
Author: TooPatient
Date: 2/25/2010 1:49:58 PM

Author:shertz1981

*grumbly post*

Is FI artistic? If so, maybe he would like to sketch some ideas and you can have a custom design.

If he isn''t artistic, maybe he can find a bunch of pictures or designs he likes and you can send them to an artist to design it for you.

The ketubah is probably the most important detail. You''re going to have it hanging in your house forever. No upgrades. No resettings. No touch ups.

Keep looking/sketching/whatever until there is a ketubah you both like.

This has been the gist of the conversation with FI:

"Oh, I don''t care ... it''s more important to you ... oh, wait. I don''t like THAT."

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine were the table numbers and place cards. I am extremely picky about pretty much everything and I HATE the standard plastic number tags on metal stands. I figured I could just make something, except I''m not crafty AT ALL. I should really become crafty because it would help solve my pickiness problems.
3.gif

I finally found cute Martha Stewart place cards at Michael''s and just put the table numbers on the place cards, too. It probably took people a while to find their tables but they all managed!
12.gif

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
YES. My SHOES. I should have bought them 2 weeks ago, but I just CAN''T DECIDE.
39.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My MIL... she showed up anyway...
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results