shape
carat
color
clarity

Is a show like this good for finding decent sapphires? ~ also a post about finding a blue star sapphire

bausaph

Rough_Rock
Hello all! New here, I love finding forums on a subject vs wading through Etsy, sponsored ads on google, Reddit is limited, etc. You all seem like the right crowd for gems and jewelry. A wealth of friendly and genuine knowledge.

Looking to get my wife a blue star sapphire ring (memorable b/c her late grandfather had a blue star sapphire ring) for our 10th anniversary in June. Haven't bought her a gem since the wedding band set so want to make this a good one. I'm quite certain I want natural with a clearly visible star but I know this is inverse with color and clarity. I've learned enough to know what to look for in terms of natural vs. lab made but still have much to learn. Budget of $500 give or take, total, including the setting.

Would a show like this TOMORROW haha be a good place to possibly find something like that? Otherwise, is the vendors thread the best place to start? I have also checked out the for-sale forum.

Appreciate you all!

Attachments

• flyer-full-page-24-revised-2.pdf
    619.4 KB · Views: 47

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Welcome and congrats on your upcoming anniversary. You’re going to want to post in a different sub forum to get more eyes on your query.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
No- that gem show will be fun but probably not have what you’re looking for. With your budget you’re probably going to be looking online, possibly secondhand. Do you know your wife’s ring size? White gold or yellow gold?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
You are going to want to try posting here, maybe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results