shape
carat
color
clarity

Is a half-birthday party a thing now?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots of Hallmark designed ‘occasions’ made for the purpose of grabbing consumer dollars. No interest in half birthdays for me!

Edited to add: I have known folks with kids with winter birthdays that had ‘half birthdays’ in the summer so that kids could have outdoor or swim birthday parties. Call me an old curmudgeon but teach your kids to deal with real life! If you were born in February, deal with a February birthday. Trying to rewrite history just leaves kids to think that everything can be rearranged to suit them. Seems that we have gone so soft over so many things these days!

from upside down land :twirl:

oh i always felt sorry for those kids, they have there birthday over the xmas summer holiday when most of the other kids are out of town, my dad's work had long xmas summer holidays so we would be out of town for about 5 weeks and we would come home to a birthday invite or two in the letter box from some lonely classmate who's birthday was 26th Dec or Jan 2nd -and im talking the 1970's here (the sun shinned every day back then BTW) ;)2

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd give the kid a pair of shoes.
But I'd give only one of the shoes on each of their 2 birthdays for the year.

I'm afraid we're heading for a new version of that that Xmas song ... "Twelve Days of Birthday".
"On the first day of Birthday, my parents gave to me ..."

Once again we see that the true "meaning" of ALL holidays is money suction. :nono:

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For old doggos yes!

When mine reached 12 we did half birthdays!

We had a little gathering and she’d get super excited by all the take out and eat lunch around the dining table at the same time with us like a real girl!

She loved my friend’s husband because he was this super serious dude who took her very seriously so we always invited him.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For old doggos yes!

When mine reached 12 we did half birthdays!

We had a little gathering and she’d get super excited by all the take out and eat lunch around the dining table at the same time with us like a real girl!

She loved my friend’s husband because he was this super serious dude who took her very seriously so we always invited him.

that reminded me that Tinky used to get two birthdays, the day on his vet card and the day he came to live with us (he was our neighbour and it took the vet a few years to match up his records when his last name changed after he moved in with us when his old family shifted

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh so THATS why my mother tried that crap...While I didn't know it at the time, y'all I now have a name for it...

For a couple of years. my sister and I (we're December babies) had birthday parties in June. It was terrible, I wasn't into it and told my mom I hated it, just give me a birthday party on MY birthday. Because I wasn't born in June....that was in the early 70's y'all.

I don't really celebrate Christmas on a personal level because I was always told to "wait for Christmas.:rolleyes:" So as an adult, I celebrate my birthday ON my birthday and get all the gifts then...lol

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh so THATS why my mother tried that crap...While I didn't know it at the time, y'all I now have a name for it...

For a couple of years. my sister and I (we're December babies) had birthday parties in June. It was terrible, I wasn't into it and told my mom I hated it, just give me a birthday party on MY birthday. Because I wasn't born in June....that was in the early 70's y'all.

I don't really celebrate Christmas on a personal level because I was always told to "wait for Christmas.:rolleyes:" So as an adult, I celebrate my birthday ON my birthday and get all the gifts then...lol

My son has a December birthday. I always waited to put the tree and decorations for Christmas up until after his birthday. It was in the middle of the month but I wanted him to have a birthday that was not combined with Christmas. I never did the half birthday thing. My daughter has an April birthday so they never had pool parties for birthdays. They were fine with it though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results