shape
carat
color
clarity

Is a colorful wedding tacky?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
Long story short - I''m extremely indecisive. I''ve changed my wedding colors SO many times and it''s really gotten to be a pain. My wedding''s in August so it''s drawing near and I need to make a final decision. My last BM is getting sized for her dress this week so I''ve got to figure this out .. and soon!

My most recent color scheme is black and green .. with random subtle burst of color. I have to admit that I fell in love with those floral shoes and they were my inspiration. I changed my colors so many times because I kept finding faults with them - I''m sure you all know how it is! Hate the swatch options for the dress you finally agreed on, can''t find accessories to match, etc. .. the list goes on and on and on. Anyways, I really like the new scheme that I''ve come up with .. but it''s still new and I''m desperate and I don''t want my wedding to look like a circus and make a fool out of myself come the wedding day.

Here''s an inspiration board that I''ve put together .. opinions and suggestions are appreciated. I can handle honesty, so don''t worry about hurting my feelings!

inspirationffwpli.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s tacky at all. The only thing that I''d be worried about is that if some of the colours clash or just don''t look right together.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Bee. It''s about what you like, not what you think everyone else would like.
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it looks tacky. But I would spend some time trying to focus away from stressing about that and changing the colors, to really looking for things that will bring the different elements together. It looks like one thing you have is a florals motif - I would start there, and find as many ways as possible to incorporate that, to help it look more cohesive.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I don't think so, I do think you have to be careful not to overdo the color. I'm having lots of color (fuschia (bright pink), magenta (bright purple), yellow, red, orange) but having gold and ivory as accents to tie everything together. For instance, my BM dresses are champagne so that their very bright flowers are the focus. My linens are ivory and gold so that the bright chair ties aren't too much. See what I mean? I would just make sure you have a neutral color or two to make sure things don't end up too busy and tacky. Your inspiration board looks great though and I don't think colorful is bad at all! I think lots of color is fun
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Ditto, to all of the above :)

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 11:39:26 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
I don''t think it looks tacky. But I would spend some time trying to focus away from stressing about that and changing the colors, to really looking for things that will bring the different elements together. It looks like one thing you have is a florals motif - I would start there, and find as many ways as possible to incorporate that, to help it look more cohesive.
Those things that look like votives are actually little floral rings from Etsy! They''re not nearly as thick as they look in the pictures.
1.gif

Thanks everyone for your opinions and suggestions! The board is actually exactly how I''d do it .. that''s the actual BM dress (black with a black sash .. hopefully that wouldn''t look to weird), those floral shoes, those matchbooks I already have, the flowers are the same pictures that I showed my florist except the white flowers will be the light green, I was thinking about doing black linens with the white (or another color?!) and green plate that you see, that''s my actual dress, the blue thing is a guestbook .. etc. - so really, as of now, our shoes, the cake decor, the jewelry, garter, cake serving thing, and the guestbook are the only things that I can think of to have punches of color! Everything else will be black or light green ..
2.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock

Ditto! I also think that some things on your board look damask and others look floral. This is the kind of "busy" that would bother me. I think color is fabulous!

Are you wearing those shoes? You need to post them in the shoe thread immediately!
2.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m a big fan of color and I do think your wedding should reflect your personality! I think the key is not going overboard on color AND patterns. Not that you can''t incorporate both, but it might work best if you focus on one black and white pattern and then incorporate the colors around it. I think the inspiration board looks great! :)

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 2:34:53 PM
Author: MommaChristine

Those things that look like votives are actually little floral rings from Etsy! They''re not nearly as thick as they look in the pictures.
1.gif

Thanks everyone for your opinions and suggestions! The board is actually exactly how I''d do it .. that''s the actual BM dress (black with a black sash .. hopefully that wouldn''t look to weird), those floral shoes, those matchbooks I already have, the flowers are the same pictures that I showed my florist except the white flowers will be the light green, I was thinking about doing black linens with the white (or another color?!) and green plate that you see, that''s my actual dress, the blue thing is a guestbook .. etc. - so really, as of now, our shoes, the cake decor, the jewelry, garter, cake serving thing, and the guestbook are the only things that I can think of to have punches of color! Everything else will be black or light green ..
2.gif
Wow! How in the world did I confuse "motif" with "votive"?! ... I''m not even sure what to say about that.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results